Muppets Ahoy clips?

GeniDude

Reaction score
Does anyone have clips, or the entire show, anywhere?

I would love to see it, to hear the puppeteers who played the characters!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Was that the one with John Kennedy as Kermit and someone else as Gonzo, etc? I always wondered what was up with that, but I wouldn't mind seeing it too. I've been really curious about that one.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Was that the one with John Kennedy as Kermit and someone else as Gonzo, etc? I always wondered what was up with that,
I believe Disney was trying out the idea of having understudies for the main performers. They would do it again a few years later when Artie Esposito stood in for Steve.

By the way, if anyone wants to hear Victor Yerrid's Piggy, check out any of her appearances on Robot Chicken.

Last edited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, so America's Got Talent wasn't the first time? Anyway, I'll have to check out some of those Robot Chicken clips when I get a chance.

Nostalgicman

Reaction score
I believe Disney was trying out the idea of having understudies for the main performers. They would do it again a few years later when Artie Esposito stood in for Steve.

By the way, if anyone wants to hear Victor Yerrid's Piggy, check out any of her appearances on Robot Chicken.
Was John Kennedy performing Kermit in those Robot Chicken appearances?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Was John Kennedy performing Kermit in those Robot Chicken appearances?
Victor was Kermit, as well. As far as I know, he and Drew Massey are the only Muppet performers that have done RC. (Drew was Gonzo and Fozzie in the "Who's Killing the Muppets" skit and Wembley and Boober in the "Fraggle Rock" skit).

Last edited:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
RE: "Robot Chicken," another clip with (I believe) Drew Massey portraying Gonzo. Or maybe it's Victor Yerrid? Any experts on the second tier performers know?

Nostalgicman

Reaction score
It sounds like Drew. For some reason, Victor was Fozzie on Muppets Ahoy, while Drew was Fozzie on Robot Chicken. Robot Chicken probably had nothing to do with understudies. I posted on the undersutdy forum the list of everybody who auditioned to be an understudy for the major Muppets (sourced from a Gabriel Velez interview)