Need Help with Lyrics for "It Feels Like Christmas" (Muppets Holiday Greetings)

rigil kent

Reaction score
Hi, could you help me understand a few words? I'm translating this short video and I can't quite figure out what they say in these small fragments. Thanks!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2tm71o

It's at:

00:53 Ed Sullivan: Today, the Muppets ----------- with "The Muppet Christmas Carol".

01:13 Miss Piggy: -------------. Thank you.

01:35 Miss Piggy: Yes, authentic and cheap. And ----------.

01:43 Miss Piggy: Yeah, yeah, sure. The truth is it was all ---------------------------.
Kermit: Piggy, your part is so small, is lucky -----------------.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
00:53: Today, the Muppet tradition continues with THE MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL.

01:13: Yes, I know, I know. Thank you.

01:35 Authentic and cheap. And drab.

01:43:
PIGGY: Yeah, yeah, sure. The truth is it was all the frog would spring for.
KERMIT: Piggy, your part is so small, it's lucky you've got that to wear.

Oh, and that's not Ed Sullivan, it's Bob Newhart.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Hi, could you help me understand a few words? I'm translating this short video and I can't quite figure out what they say in these small fragments. Thanks!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2tm71o

It's at:

00:53 Ed Sullivan: Today, the Muppets ----------- with "The Muppet Christmas Carol".

01:13 Miss Piggy: -------------. Thank you.

01:35 Miss Piggy: Yes, authentic and cheap. And ----------.

01:43 Miss Piggy: Yeah, yeah, sure. The truth is it was all ---------------------------.
Kermit: Piggy, your part is so small, is lucky -----------------.
For the record, that's not Ed Sullivan. It's Bob Newhart. Sullivan passed on about two decades prior.

1. "...the Muppet tradition continues..."

2. "Yes, I know. I know..."

3. "drab."

4. "...the frog would spring for."

5. "...it's luck you got that to wear!"

EDIT: Ziffled. Haven't used that term in a long time.

rigil kent

Reaction score
Thanks both, What a stupid, I know that's not Ed Sullivan, they call him Bob!
The name just stuck with me from another special I translated too.

Ok, you were a great help, thanks very much!!

PD: What's "ziffled"?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To further explain, it was term coined for a member we had here named Ziffel (who took the name from the character Fred Ziffel from the show GREEN ACRES), because he went through a period of time where he somehow always would end up posting the same thing at the same time somebody else did (and usually his post would show up before somebody else's), until it finally got to a point where this would happen, people would say, "I've been Ziffeled!" And it just stuck.

Similarly, we have another term here called "muffining," this is what happens when a thread ends up being driven off-topic for one reason or another (usually because of people being silly).

rigil kent

Reaction score
To further explain, it was term coined for a member we had here named Ziffel (who took the name from the character Fred Ziffel from the show GREEN ACRES), because he went through a period of time where he somehow always would end up posting the same thing at the same time somebody else did (and usually his post would show up before somebody else's), until it finally got to a point where this would happen, people would say, "I've been Ziffeled!" And it just stuck.

Similarly, we have another term here called "muffining," this is what happens when a thread ends up being driven off-topic for one reason or another (usually because of people being silly).
Oh, now I get it, thanks.
No problem, Frackle, thank you both for helping me.