Need Help with Lyrics for "Camaraderie"

rigil kent

Reaction score
Hi! I'm subtitling "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" into Spanish, and it was diffucult to find the lyrics from a sketch in which they sing "Camaraderie". I managed to find it, but I think some words don't match. Can you help me to correct the lyrics, please?

The video:

The lyrics:
We have that most particular thing
as anyone can see
We've got camaraderie

The thing that makes it easy to march
in perfect harmony
We've got camaraderie

Always there with somebody to help you share
But we'll hurry to help you there
if you are up the creek

Safe and sound, what a comfort to know that he's around
Seven days a week

We tell each other terrible jokes
and laugh hysterically
We've got camaraderie

You're looking at an army of blokes
whose secrets seems to be
Compatability

Uniforms, shoes with spats,
hope he got us fancy hats
Our future is as plain as A-B-C

It's C-A-M-A-R-A-D-E-R-I-
E!

That spells
With bells
Camaraderie

We've got
Red hot
Camaraderie

(Piggy's song)

All shout
Far out

Camarade-
-rie!

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Piggy is singing a song called "I Will Wait For You" though I think it has some different lyrics here.

If it takes forever
I will wait for 'vouz'
For a thousand summers
I will wait for 'vouz'
Till you're back beside me
Till I'm touching 'vouz'
And forevermore sharing (???)

The clock will tick away the hours one by one
And then the time will come when all the waiting's done
The time when you return and find me here
And run straight to my waiting (arms?)
That's my best transcription. Kind of difficult with Piggy adding so much inflection on those last words.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Piggy is singing a song called "I Will Wait For You" though I think it has some different lyrics here.

If it takes forever
I will wait for 'vouz'
For a thousand summers
I will wait for 'vouz'
Till you're back beside me
Till I'm touching 'vouz'
And forevermore sharing (???)

The clock will tick away the hours one by one
And then the time will come when all the waiting's done
The time when you return and find me here
And run straight to my waiting (arms?)
That's my best transcription. Kind of difficult with Piggy adding so much inflection on those last words.
Isn't it "vous," instead of "vouz" ? Not much of a French speaker myself.

rigil kent

Reaction score
Thanks, Bliff. Although I was not referring to that particular part, It's also useful. I had not realized the French accent.

My question was originally to see if the lyric "Camaraerie" is correct as I transcribed.

By the way, those parts that Piggy howls and is not well understood, I left them as the original lyrics: "sharing your love" and "my waiting arms".

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Thanks, Bliff. Although I was not referring to that particular part, It's also useful. I had not realized the French accent.

My question was originally to see if the lyric "Camaraerie" is correct as I transcribed.

By the way, those parts that Piggy howls and is not well understood, I left them as the original lyrics: "sharing your love" and "my waiting arms".
First of all, you're welcome!

Secondly, the lyrics for Camaraerie are all correct. There's some spoken dialogue here and there, but besides that, the words are all as written.

Third, I was pretty sure those were the right lyrics in Wait For You as well. Here's hoping you can make a fine translation!

rigil kent

Reaction score
First of all, you're welcome!

Secondly, the lyrics for Camaraerie are all correct. There's some spoken dialogue here and there, but besides that, the words are all as written.

Third, I was pretty sure those were the right lyrics in Wait For You as well. !
Yes, no problem with the dialogue. I have the dubbed version, just the songs are in English and with no subs.

Thanks for check the lyrics. I have my doubts about:

-Always there with somebody to help you share (I can't find the sense in this)
-hope he got us fancy hats (In this neither. Who is "he"?)
-Our future is as plain as A-B-C (Is "plain" here synonym of "simple", "bright" or "evident"?)
-That spells / With bells (Just to rhyme, right?)
-We've got / Red hot / Camaraderie ("red hot" here is like "strong"?)

Sorry about the bombardment of questions. The subtitles are almost complete, but also it helps me to polish my English. Thanks very much.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
-Always there with somebody to help you share (I can't find the sense in this)
-hope he got us fancy hats (In this neither. Who is "he"?)
-Our future is as plain as A-B-C (Is "plain" here synonym of "simple", "bright" or "evident"?)
-That spells / With bells (Just to rhyme, right?)
-We've got / Red hot / Camaraderie ("red hot" here is like "strong"?)
One can never ask too many questions. I'll try my best to help, though there are some things I don't know that maybe the other users will know.

"Always there" of course represents loyalty among good friends, the ones you can always count on for help. "Somebody to help you share" is pretty much what it is. You've got a friend with whom you can share your moments and things, and vice versa. I guess they had to find some way to string these two phrases together, so they chose "with," which I admit does sound a little confusing, as if your friends had friends for helping you share.

"Hope he got us fancy hats" I guess would refer to some higher authority for whom the comrades do their business, like a general or commander or something. I can't figure out whether or not this was written for the special or was culled from something else where that line made more sense within it's context, but that's my guess.

"Plain" is just as you described, a word for being obvious or simple.

"Spells" and "bells" seems to me like it's just for the sake of the rhyme. That could have also been the intention for "We've got, red hot," however "red hot" could be, like you said, to describe the strength and power of their camaraderie.

That's the best I've got, but like I said, anyone who knows better than I, please correct me where I'm wrong.

rigil kent

Reaction score
Great, thanks! You have solved exactly my doubts.

I thought the same in that with up there. "What, a friend who brings some guy who help you share your things? In my country we call them colados (gate crashers)" Ha ha ha!.