"The Muppets" show runner exits, series to be relaunched February 2 with episodes 11-16

LashHolstein

Reaction score
I say I'm worried but in anticipation to see the new results. Personally, I hope the "reboot" is more like Going, Going, Gonzo, Pig Out, Single all the Way, and Pigs in a Black Out, rather than Too Hot For Handler and The Ex Factor. I love the concept of the show, and I actually like quite a bit of the stuff they are doing it, but there is some things to be improved.

I'm excited for it to come back, though! Nice to see the Muppets (not the Sesame ones, of course) on TV again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I say I'm worried but in anticipation to see the new results. Personally, I hope the "reboot" is more like Going, Going, Gonzo, Pig Out, Single all the Way, and Pigs in a Black Out, rather than Too Hot For Handler and The Ex Factor. I love the concept of the show, and I actually like quite a bit of the stuff they are doing it, but there is some things to be improved.
As I've always said, a show that starts strong falters trying to capture lightning in a bottle in subsequent seasons. I mean, look at Heroes, Glee, and to some extent Desperate Housewives when it stopped being a satire of soap operas and just flat out fell into being one, cliches and all. On the other hand, you only get one chance to make a first impression, and if audiences are too impatient to give a series another shot, that's all on the first episode not satisfying enough nostalgia.

The problem for me is I don't think a straight up Muppet Show would have been successful anyway, at least not much more successful than this one. After the first new Muppet movie, it's like people wanted another one until they got it. Something tells me even if this was a dead on remake of the Muppet Show, we'd still see some hard core nostalgic fans annoyed with the fact they're doing modern songs and have modern celebrities. And then there's the others who said how much they wanted a Muppet series on TV, but just don't bother to watch for some reason.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
the problem with this show is the Marketing, just come out and say It Is for adults, other then that I love It!!!!!!!! I don't notice a difference in the early episodes and the ones right before the break, Hey It's all good :smile:

Muppy

Reaction score
More information! http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/muppets-midseason-reboot-changes-853752

I'm going to be optimistic and hope that the changes don't ruin the show.
Everything she said sounds amazing, and I think it will make the show 1000% times better than it already was.

I am sorry her Ideas sound stupid and will ruin the show IMHO ...
I strongly disagree. Don't be negative until you've actually seen the second half of the season. Be optimistic and let's hope she will make the show so much better.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'm really optimistic about this, and I think there is a good balance to find between the old and the new. Especially considering that many talk shows DO have sketches and characters, I've felt a little disappointed that we haven't seen them as much. I have really enjoyed the show, but I feel like they haven't been using the show within a show to its full potential. I wouldn't want it to take over, but even just a little more would strike the right balance. When Gonzo and Rizzo are talking about sketches they're writing, it has the odd effect of actually making me want to see some sketches! :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
More information! http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/muppets-midseason-reboot-changes-853752

I'm going to be optimistic and hope that the changes don't ruin the show.
This sounds amazing,and the article says that Camilla's back!:smile:
Oh and appearantly Kristen Newman was brought in as a writer for "Single All the Way" ,she re-wrote the Kermit and Miss Piggy scenes for that episodes.she's one of the main reasons why that episode was so good! I'm really excited for the next few episodes.

Last edited: