"The Muppets" show runner exits, series to be relaunched February 2 with episodes 11-16

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Love the idea of some new Vet's Hospital sketches, mainly because it gives the show a further excuse to use Rowlf, who barely did anything the first 10 episodes when you consider they basically made him an entire set. I am optimistic about the other tweaks and looking forward to the show's return.

Muppy

Reaction score
I want the retooling to have less dating plots and more muppety plots like going gonzo or single all the way.
I couldn't agree more! Occasional dating plots are fine (maybe 1 or 2 out of the remaining 6) but I really hope we can get more zany plots like the episodes you mentioned, or even the later Muppets Tonight episodes.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more! Occasional dating plots are fine (maybe 1 or 2 out of the remaining 6) but I really hope we can get more zany plots like the episodes you mentioned, or even the later Muppets Tonight episodes.
Yeah I feel the last episode of MT was the best episode since it was a mixture of heartwarming & comedy.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah I feel the last episode of MT was the best episode since it was a mixture of heartwarming & comedy.
Season two of MT as a whole was an improvement over season one. It had, in my opinion, some of the Muppets' funniest moments. The one episode that immediately springs to mind is Bunsen's midlife crisis/Beaker's Star Trek Cruise. :confused::eek:

:skeptical: - "Pretty Bunsen, not that I'm into that..."

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Season two of MT as a whole was an improvement over season one. It had, in my opinion, some of the Muppets' funniest moments. The one episode that immediately springs to mind is Bunsen's midlife crisis/Beaker's Star Trek Cruise. :confused::eek:

:skeptical: - "Pretty Bunsen, not that I'm into that..."
Season 1 wasn't bad it was trapped in that trying to fit with other shows at the time though Seinfeld babies was probably the funniest Mt sketch.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Season 1 wasn't bad it was trapped in that trying to fit with other shows at the time though Seinfeld babies was probably the funniest Mt sketch.
No, it wasn't 'bad.' It was just trying too hard to be both like TMS and its own thing. I generally found the sitcom approach used in the backstage segments more entertaining, while the sketches tended to fall into 'hit and miss' territory.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
No, it wasn't 'bad.' It was just trying too hard to be both like TMS and its own thing. I generally found the sitcom approach used in the backstage segments more entertaining, while the sketches tended to fall into 'hit and miss' territory.
I agree very much with the backstage sitcom segment while sometimes like the pig segments were the misses while the parodies were the best.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I agree very much with the backstage sitcom segment while sometimes like the pig segments were the misses while the parodies were the best.
Not to mention the attempts at rebooting classic TMS sketches ("Pigs in Space" without Link or Strangepork, "Vet's Hospital" with Fozzie in place of Rowlf).