"The Muppets" show runner exits, series to be relaunched February 2 with episodes 11-16

D'Snowth

Reaction score
it's hard to say whether these are "The Muppets" vs. a group of odd characters who just happen to wok in the same place.
Keep in mind that's kind of the dynamic Jim had in mind for the characters that they were more or less a troupe of actors that just happen to be puppets, so in a sense they can work in either context.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I just hope they don't make this another Muppet Show. Been there, done that......I would like the writers to do less relationship plot lines. I also don't want to see Kermit back with Piggy either. We already know Kermit can barely tolerate her. Heck, I can barely tolerate Piggy. She's a self righteous annoying character. Always has been.

I'd like for the writers to focus plots on other characters. Imagine if you have a story involving Rowlf, or one with Lips and Zoot. Very interesting.

The first episode had that completely awkward scene with Scooter and Banks kicking each other out of the golf cart.
I thought that scene was hilarious.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think having a woman write for Piggy will change things for her in a good way. I think since the show began Piggy has needed to be better written. I also think that the way Kermit relates to Piggy is something that needs help.
From what I can see Newman is a Muppet fan, who has been at least listening to some of the fans complaints

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
I just hope they don't make this another Muppet Show. Been there, done that......I would like the writers to do less relationship plot lines. I also don't want to see Kermit back with Piggy either. We already know Kermit can barely tolerate her. Heck, I can barely tolerate Piggy. She's a self righteous annoying character. Always has been.

I'd like for the writers to focus plots on other characters. Imagine if you have a story involving Rowlf, or one with Lips and Zoot. Very interesting.

I thought that scene was hilarious.
I can see an episode focusing more on Zoot and Lips.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not sure what kind of continuity this show exists in anyway. They say they've been doing the late night talk show for years, which doesn't fit with the recent movies. And there's been only one use of the word "Muppet" outside of the intro, so it's hard to say whether these are "The Muppets" vs. a group of odd characters who just happen to wok in the same place.
Everything is its own continuity with The Muppets. I'd love to see them reference past projects from the meta scale of them working on them, not trying to make the things canon. I don't necessarily think that's a deal breaker, but I think there's some good perspective if they make references to other things they did. Most other shows made out of older franchises and characters seem to have Easter Eggs or Mythology Gags one way or another. I really think something like that can be mined for plot devices or something.

I don't want them to get back together right away. I liked how they slowly hinted at the fact that they may have been bipolar together, but miserable apart. It can really open up a character depth, and has in the last episode. If they get back together too soon, and provided the show is considered for renewal, they'd inevitably have to break up again and then slowly fall back in love again. I remember how on Third Rock from the Sun, when they finally had Mary tolerate and then fall in love with Dick, they had that gimmicky season opener where the Big Giant Head sent down Rosanne to be Dick's estranged wife, and that one was clumsilly handled, causing the rift to come back because the writers decided it was funnier when Mary was disgusted by Dick. Then of course we have Rhoda being married off too soon, and then having to get a divorce. And Mike and Molly married too soon and the ratings dropped off and no one cared anymore.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Ya, that was a pretty jam packed promo, glad I watched the repeat episode. I don't remember much, but I do remember Fozzie saying, I'm so fired, and Kermit and Miss Piggy on stage with Kermit holding a banjo, other than that lots of quick scenes, I hope that it gets uploaded online, can't wait for the new episodes. There's one more repeat, Going Going Gonzo, on Tuesday January 26, then the following week, the muppets return.