If they were to make a new Muppet Babies....

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I like the idea of having age differences rather than insisting every new character should be a baby. Sort of reminds me of that Yo, Yogi! series. Chef as a teenage pizza boy is especially clever.

Also, a daycare makes more sense than Nanny's house (seriously, is it supposed to be an orphanage or something?). Nanny could still be in charge of the daycare, maybe assisted by Uncles Statler & Waldorf.

I remember once toying with the idea of Pepe being one of those stereotypical "yuck, girls have cooties" youngsters. Then when puberty hit... well, you know.

Maybe Sweetums could be the big new kid that everyone is initially intimidated by. Once they meet him, they learn not to judge a book by its cover.

What about Baby Crazy Harry as one of those warped kids that tries to make explosives out of household objects? Or Andy & Randy as the younger obnoxious tag-a-longs?

How about an episode where some of the kids create their own secret fort and leave Bobo the Bear in charge of keeping out unwanted visitors.

Whenever the gang wants to build something to help fuel their imagination, they sneak into George (the daycare janitor)'s broom closet and borrow whatever they find.

And Baby :news: could do his news reports inside of a cardboard box.

I have a feeling somebody's going to suggest a Baby Constantine. :stick_out_tongue:

(Apologies for bumping an old thread. I've been on a strange MB high lately, and this topic was the one that intrigued me most).

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Reviving a dead thread. Whoop. I got bored, and drew pictures. Pictures of Muppet babies. But it wouldn't be confined to the Nursery of Nanny's. There'd be settings, playgrounds, the works.
And Nanny wouldn't be the only adult. Characters like Statler, Waldorf, Brewster, Hilda, Emily Bear, Mildred, Gramps from the Jug Huggers, Pops, Carter, George the Janitor, Dr. Strange Pork, Zelda Rose, Mamma Fiama, Winny the Bird, J.P. Grose, Mrs. AppleBee, the mothers of Big Mean Carl, Zippity Zap, Nigel, Bill the Bubble Guy, Glayds the Cafateria lady, Old Tom, Tamilla, and Pops the Cat. And special guest appearance by Uncle Sam, from Sam and Friends.

They'd be care takers and Tamilla would run a 'monster' daycare.

Baby characters would include characters, by original preformers:
J.H: Kermit, Rowlf, Lil Tooth, Newsbaby, Zeke, Mahna Mahna, Link Hogthrob, and Wally
F.O: Piggy, Fozzie, Marvin Suggs, Sam, Rufus, Animal.
D.G: Gonzo, Bunsen, Beauregard, Louback Lou, Zoot, Bill the Bubble Baby, Randy Pig, Digit
F.B: Vicki, Zondra
J.N: Floyd, Robin, Camilla, Slim Wilson, Fleet Scribbler, Thog, Deadly, Droop, Louis Kazagger, Mousey, Lew Zealand, Angus, Mad Monty, Beard, Crazy Harry
E.O: Dolores the Trumpet Baby, Wanda
R.H: Scooter, Bubba, Sweetums, Beaker, Wayne, Janice, Bobby Benson
L.C.R: Spamela, Dorothy Bovine
K.C: Leon, Clifford, Mulch, Billy Bunny, Polly Lobster
S.W: Rizzo, Lips, FooFoo, Poodle Pants, Bean Bunny, Jaques Roach, Andy Pig, Pighead
L.G: Annie Sue, Lou the singer
K.M: Gaffer the Kitten
B.B: Pepe, Clueless Morgan, Big Baby Carl, Zippity Zap, Howard Tubman, Bubba Rat, Johnny Fiama
B.H: Phil Van Neuter, Seymore, Nigel, Sal Minalla
J.L: Nigel the Baby Conductor.
M.V: Constantine
D.R: Poogy
J.B: Denise, Yolanda
G.R: Chip, Lindbergh
P.L: Walter
T.B: Angelo
B.L: Mo Frackle
C.S: PicklePuss
Other Babies would be like Dora Bear.

Now, the main babies would be Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Skeeter, Animal. And would be the main focus. But Bunsen, Beaker, Bean, Robin, Lil Tooth, Floyd, Janice, Pepe, Rizzo, Zoot and Lips would be secondary.

And the babies would travel to different areas, driven by Pops in a van, like an art studio, where Carol Spinney's Pops the Cat character is the teacher and they meet and befriend Picklepuss. They go to a farm, meet Dorothy Bovine, Louback Lou and his Jug Huggers, Rufus, and the like. They go to a 'haunted house', a Nursery by Tamilla, and meet Sweetums, Mo Frackle, Deadly, Droop, and other monster babies.

It'd be a similar concept to the later seasons of Baby Looney Toons.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Wow! Sounds like a great lineup for a Muppet Babies revival. :smile::embarrassed::concern::mad::wink::sympathy::halo::confused::eek::flirt::sleep::boo:
(Trying to put all the smilies for the Muppet Babies characters- just need one for Skeeter and Bean Bunny and Robin- and I guess Camilla on a technicality. And it'd be really interesting to see one for Nanny.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Funny thing.

Years ago when Disney had Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and My Friends Tigger and Pooh, hypothetically I would have dreaded the idea (as in hypothetically if Disney were to do one of these which they never would then or now). But now that Disney Jr. has gasp quality shows like Miles from Tomorrowland and The Lion Guard, I'd love the (again, hypothetical) idea, and they'd definitely take the (hypothetical) show to new (hypothetical) levels, instead of a pail, obnoxious Dora wannabes they were aping at the time.

I'd say that if they're struggling to find a place for the Muppets, a Muppet Babies revival for Disney Jr. sounds like a good experiment.

mr3urious

Reaction score
If they did make a new series, I'd like to see Baby Janice get an increased role, or maybe even become a main character. Her older age and "too cool for school" attitude made her stand out among the others in the sole episode she was in. Chip would also be a nice new addition, perhaps taking over or rivaling Scooter as the computer nerd.

And I do like the idea of a daycare center setting that Mo Frackle suggested. It seemed weird to me that the babies apparently lived with Nanny all the time as if they were adopted. With the new setting, it would make it clear that she's just their unrelated caretaker, and would even allow different characters beyond the core cast to drop in (or out).

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
And I do like the idea of a daycare center setting that Mo Frackle suggested. It seemed weird to me that the babies apparently lived with Nanny all the time as if they were adopted. With the new setting, it would make it clear that she's just their unrelated caretaker, and would even allow different characters beyond the core cast to drop in (or out).
Can't take credit for the daycare idea. It was brought up by someone in another thread, I believe. :smile:

But yes, the situation with Nanny was always confusing. It's as if the MB were living in a foster home.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Honestly I could see Baby Janice more. And I wanna see what the Electric Mayhem look like as babies!

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
A thought I had--

Somehow I think that if Foo-Foo or Gloria the Penguin (from the new show) were utilized in a new MB show, chances are they'd be treated the same way the producers of the original MB treated Camilla--they'd be reduced to mere stuffed animals than actual characters.

SnakeLipsXD

Reaction score
Honestly I could see Baby Janice more. And I wanna see what the Electric Mayhem look like as babies!
It'd be nice if they actually had an episode centred around the band; maybe in the end teaching a lesson about friendship or something.
I kind of thought about a plot actually, in which the band wants a new drummer. Everyone wants to audition (including Animal), but the main (8?) babies reject him because he is too young. The band, in the end, decides to go with Animal regardless of how old he is - but states that they want him because of how hard he rocks! XD
Thus, the Electric Mayhem is born!