Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4601 - Bedtime Story

Will you watch new Sesame Street episodes on HBO?

• Yes, I'll see new Sesame Street on HBO.

• No, I'll see new Sesame Street on PBS.

• Either way, I won't be watching Sesame Street.

Results are only viewable after voting.

hehehe

Reaction score
(rises from the dead) :wink:

This could go on either discussion page, but Im putting it with the premiere:
Like antasmthompson above, I, too am SHOCKED that YT is showing the new eppies, but I forsee a problem with that:
The PBS airings won't be an "event" anymore. Anyone can see the episodes now on YouTube for free! (To be fair, they may be taken down after a week or two, but still. Also, I have never been in a poor family, so I honestly don't know if there's a stigma using free internet, so I am unqualified to argue this point)
Now, don't get me wrong--HBO is to be HIGHLY commended for doing this, and I hope they continue--but i gotta wonder how PBS Kids feels about the YT postings?.......

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Haven't been on here for a while, but I wanted to post a few observations about the newer shows having just watched them. First of all, I got up unusually early and was lucky enough to catch The Muppet Christmas Carol, which, no joke, was airing on HBO-HD preceding the two Sesame shows. And, just in case you don't believe me...

Anyway, I actually really like the new Muppet cold opens, even in place of the Word of the Day. It'll be interesting to see different characters as the weeks progress. A couple changes I wasn't as fond of were the letters and numbers not being treating as much like sponsors (whereas the tag "Sesame Street is brought to you today by the letter _ and by the number _" is never said), and the disappointing absence of Leela and Mando. I'm hoping they weren't permanently dropped from the show, because they were great additions to the cast, and it's a shame that there aren't as many human cast members nowadays. With that said, Nina was good as well; more of a motherly character than I was initially expecting.

Overall, both street stories were good, but the shows were rather quick and disorienting (particularly with the truncated Elmo segments), so it's going to take a while for me to get used to the new format.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Dunno if this is the right thread to post this in, but HBO GO/Now has a handful of the classic episodes from Netflix/iTunes and a bunch of new Around the Corner episodes, including the Season 25 premire.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was surprised to hear that Elmo's World would return this year. Didn't think they'd show full frame segments anymore.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I thought these two episodes were OK hopefully I can see the new episodes on Hbo next week. So excited to here Matt Vogel as Mr. Johnson.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since I also get HBO's West Coast feed, I just finished watching.

It's a little hard to comment on a story involving Elmo amd Abby getting ready for bed, because it doesn't have just a whole lot to offer; Elmo's apartment sure is a strain on the retinas I have to say with those bright, neon wall colors, lol. Can't really comment on Nina right now since I've only seen her in one episode so far.

Smart Cookies was a fun segment, much like Cookie's Crumby Pictures - still nice that Cookie keeps getting lots of love in recent seasons.

The inclusion of Elmo's World did feel off, I agree: shortening it and cutting it made it felt rushed and haphazard, and the cropping was really bad (during the Sleep Lullabye, the mattress and the top of the bird's head were often cut).

The new end titles were interesting. I notice they're still saying the show is "taped." Is that for lack of better word? I don't believe they make videotape anymore.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The new end titles were interesting. I notice they're still saying the show is "taped." Is that for lack of better word? I don't believe they make videotape anymore.
It's just one of those things like "dialing" phone numbers even when rotary dials have been out of fashion since the '80s. Sounds weird when you use it, but "entering" a number sounds even weirder.

And I think they still do make blank tapes, but for specialty purposes like security cameras.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The PBS airings won't be an "event" anymore. Anyone can see the episodes now on YouTube for free! (To be fair, they may be taken down after a week or two, but still. Also, I have never been in a poor family, so I honestly don't know if there's a stigma using free internet, so I am unqualified to argue this point)
The only ones who watch TV anymore are those that don't have computers and those who want to see things "live." Live as in not the day to week and a day long period before it hits streaming. Sesame Street has been putting street stories on its own site for a while, sometimes also on Youtube. And as far as HBO goes, they do have John Oliver's show, well, half of it really on YT as well.

Sesame Street seems to want to move to the same all digital platform so much kid's stuff winds up going on, but luckily it still manages to have a place on television.

Among other things #3 in this Cracked Article. Yes, even shows made for streaming.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
(rises from the dead) :wink:

This could go on either discussion page, but Im putting it with the premiere:
Like antasmthompson above, I, too am SHOCKED that YT is showing the new eppies, but I forsee a problem with that:
Now, don't get me wrong--HBO is to be HIGHLY commended for doing this, and I hope they continue--but i gotta wonder how PBS Kids feels about the YT postings?.......
I'm pretty sure the YT postings won't be up for very long.