Netflix, do your stuff! The Magic School Bus gets new series.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Any more news on this? This actually intrigues me since the magic school bus was a huge factor in why I love science so much.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lily Tomlin, strangely enough has a show on Netflix. Keep forgetting the name of it though.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I just got to watching the new Popples series, and I genuinely like it so far. The few episodes of the original that I saw were pretty formulaic, cloying, and overall meh (I admit to having no nostalgic attachment to it unlike others here). This new one seems to have sharper writing and clearer personalities compared to the original cast of the little mutant Care Bears. And like the original, the Popples make a big mess of things in their antics and try to fix it, though it does veer from that formula from time to time. But the biggest difference is that the Popples live in their own little fantasy world with nary a human in sight.

It also has impressive CGI (in between TV and movie quality) with plenty of fuzz and bounciness on the creatures, making them look as cuddly and huggable as they were intended. :smile:

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Grace and Frankie, it's with Jane Fonda and Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston.
Thanks. I keep getting the title confused with Franklin and Bash, interpreting the title as Frankie and Bash.

I just got to watching the new Popples series, and I genuinely like it so far. The few episodes of the original that I saw were pretty formulaic, cloying, and overall meh (I admit to having no nostalgic attachment to it unlike others here). This new one seems to have sharper writing and clearer personalities compared to the original cast of the little mutant Care Bears. And like the original, the Popples make a big mess of things in their antics and try to fix it, though it does veer from that formula from time to time. But the biggest difference is that the Popples live in their own little fantasy world with nary a human in sight.
I don't know if I'd bother checking that out, but nice to know it's good for what it is.

Come to think of it, while I do genuinely like the new Inspector Gadget series, I haven't zoomed through the entire thing yet, and you'd think I would by now. My only tiny complaint about the series is about how many plots revolve around conventions of some sort, but that's probably to save on sets. I do like seeing some of the older Mad Agents coming back from time to time, like the Cuckoo Clock Maker (who was reinterpreted a bit).

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
M. Enter is just a dookiehead who doesn't really know how to review things, takes cartoons way too seriously, can't take criticism, has major attitude problems, is extremely potty-mouthed and has gone out of his way to attack specific people (writers, directors, etc.) who worked on things he doesn't like via his videos, social media sites, etc. :mad:

Also, insultive and untrue names like Toddler Titans are never to be used and should not exist. It makes reviewers like Enter look like the real toddlers here.
I'm more of a PieGuyRulz fan, myself.

Anyhow, we seem to be living through some sort of '90s Renaissance right now with all of these TV reboots in the works. I'm really looking forward to (most of) them. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Weirdest news yet, Netflix is actually pegging Matt Groening for a new series. Now, it would be awesome if it was something he could keep the rights to, leaving us to get the Life in H377 series he wanted to pitch all along. But whatever it is, it's top secret.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Another show revival, just... ugh...

Someone said that the world needed more episodes of John Moschitta Twins urrr...Gilmore Girls.

Really?

Will the show be sponsored by Micro Machines or what?