Theories why Bear came to an end

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I used to watch this when I was a toddler. I think I even had plush dolls of Bear, Tutter and Treelo! I even saw Playhouse Disney: Live On Stage at Disney World. I don't remember how much I liked the show as a kid, but I'd love to see it return to Disney Junior, since they have three other childhood shows I used to watch (Rollie Pollie Ollie, Stanley and PB&J Otter). Luckily, my library still has a ton of Bear in the Big Blue House VHS tapes, which are together with the Barney and the Backyard Gang/Barney and Friends VHS tapes (Why do I say "Backyard Gang" as well as Barney and Friends? Our library has Waiting for Santa and Barney In Concert alongside the Barney and Friends tapes.) And there are some DVDs if you look around, mostly about a specific theme (learning to use the potty, shapes, colors, numbers, etc).​
Also, on the Hollywood Squares appearance, I think I saw every episode of that show-thanks to my mom playing GSN in the afternoons when I was a kid, and that network airing the show for an hour. In fact, I do remember seeing the Bear appearance and was like "Hey! I remember that guy!" (I was 7 at the time.)​

Kiearon

Reaction score
Alright, I may be abit late.. But...

Bear in the big blue house has been a BIG part of my childhood.
I try to own as much of the DVDs' and VHS' as possible.
( Because some episodes you can't find )

But yes, I've always asked myself ( Why can't they reboot Bear? )
It's not impossible..
If no one knew this, the voice actor for Luna passed away, so that had an effect on the crew, because the "Goodbye Song" was a big part of the show..
You can't end the show without it..

But.. for one of the LIVE! shows for Bear, they had someone different voice Luna! A male! instead of a female!
I hadn't noticed it since I looked it up..

But why can't they return Bear?

Their must be SOME reason why..
If Disney is running out of money, they'd better reboot the show..

The show may be over..
But Bear and his friends will always last in our hearts! :smile:

( Let's just hope they made Bear return!! )

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Ya know what would be beautiful?

A Blue's Clues/BitBBB crossover.

Disney, Nick, make it happen!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Don't count on Bear coming back, maybe the puppets are in unusable condition or we need to accept he's gone.

FraggleFrick

Reaction score
I think that Bear was forgotten because Disney wasn't able to handle it. I also think that Luna's actor died, so they couldn't continue.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I also think that Luna's actor died, so they couldn't continue.
That doesn't seem right. Luna usually only appeared at the end of each episode and some episodes she was completely absent,although very rarely but still,I think they could've continued the show without her. They could have recast her, Lynne Thigpin was only her voice not her puppeteer. Or maybe they could have gotten rid of the character and just had Bear sing the goodbye song with the sun as he was setting.

FraggleFrick

Reaction score
That doesn't seem right. Luna usually only appeared at the end of each episode and some episodes she was completely absent,although very rarely but still,I think they could've continued the show without her. They could have recast her, Lynne Thigpin was only her voice not her puppeteer. Or maybe they could have gotten rid of the character and just had Bear sing the goodbye song with the sun as he was setting.
This is true. Maybe Disney just stopped

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This is true. Maybe Disney just stopped
Well this was about the time that puppet shows were starting to go out of style. Perhaps kids started to lose interest in the show because of the new cartoons Playhouse Disney and Nick Jr had to offer.

FraggleFrick

Reaction score
Well this was about the time that puppet shows were starting to go out of style. Perhaps kids started to lose interest in the show because of the new cartoons Playhouse Disney and Nick Jr had to offer.
When I was a child, I found animation quite boring. I always loved Jim Henson's television. It's so weird how generations change and go.