The Muppets Episode 11 - Swine Song

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Swine Song"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

jobi71

Reaction score
A few more quick thoughts about what I hope can happen in the next five episodes. First of all there are 5, so about 100 minutes of content? Maybe a bit less. So I will try to be realistic.

Relationships:
1. Gonzo and Camilla: What's up? Looks like that will be addressed next week.
2. Fozzie and Becky: I would at least like a check in or reference to see how they are doing.
3. Sam and Janice: I don't really need to see anything more. The kiss is the Christmas episode was sweet and well earned. If they want to show a scene where Sam or Janice is being kind to the other then that's fine, but I don't need a lot of more scenes.
4. Kermit/Piggy/Denise: However this triangle may end (or end as a cliff hanger) I would like to see none of the three be a villain. It looks like they are trying to avoid this route.

Including the supporting cast:
1. Uncle Deadly, Big Mean Carl, Yolanda, Sam, Bobo, Janice and Scooter (minus some of the Mom jokes please) have been used perfectly. Also (very minor note) Beautiful Day Monster in each appearance (maybe 3 times?) is always peering around corners looking into the camera. I love it.
2. Pepe and Rizzo: I sometimes think more and I sometimes think less. What I would like is a scene with Pepe, Rizzo and Gonzo writing for the show.
3. Rowlf: More. I thought with him being the outsider maybe he would be the character the others would turn to for advice about work etc. So I would still like to see that dynamic (because if I would ever take a Muppet's advice it would be Rowlf). Now they say Vets' Hospital may come back - that would bring him into the fold as well.
4. Everybody else: Overall great to excellent. It is tough to write for 30+ characters in a 20 minute sitcom.

All the new changes:
1. For me the new ending to the opening theme showed that they knew exactly what was missing from the show, and how to make it better.
2. The new Up Late "bits" are good but can be better. I think of some of those Toyota ads a few years ago that had unscripted or seemingly unscripted bits with Muppets and regular folks. That is what these bits need to be. I am sure an actor or two may be needed to help shape or control the scene. An example and it is in no way perfect - A woman (an actress) is in a bakery complaining that her wedding cake is not ready. She could be the bride or the wedding planner or Ana Gasteyer. Regular patrons are cowered. The clerk (an actor/actress) is all apologies. Then The Swedish Chef emerges from the back, cake in hands, and propels it all over the complainer. Or Bunsen and Beaker being Tech Support at an Apple Store etc. Even people who do not watch the Muppets on ABC love the Muppets.
3. They say Vets' Hospital is coming back. I say welcome.
4. Statler and Waldorf have been awfully quiet. On the old Muppet Show, both Bruce Forsythe and Milton Berle dueled with the two using some old vaudeville routines. Let's get them involved. Some potential guest I am sure is funny and versed in heckling.

The ratings and the future:
1. The ratings are down. What can I say? People have poor taste.
2. Ratings though are good in some key demographics. ABC/Disney has spent a bunch on The Muppets. They want them to succeed.
3. The Muppets do extremely well on youtube and in all their guest appearances. So maybe this will lead to a second (possibly shorter) season or to more youtube content.
4. Gosh I have included four notes in each section. Now I am making up as I go along. I want fruit that sings, chickens etc. I would like Peter Linz to have a voice role. I want a few neglected characters to appear. Robin, to me, is the most needed. But why not Marvin Suggs? Droop? (Peter could voice him). Zelda Rose? (Just me?)

I know so much, if not all, of the work on the last five episodes are in progress, and that my advice is a bit late. But these are just thoughts and there are many that will allow The Muppets to end the season on a high note.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I'm VERY encouraged by that promo - it's entertaining and eye-catching and packed with action. I was already looking forward to the actual episode and now I'm even MORE excited about it!

It's a welcome change from the last round of promos, which suggested that the funniest line in the show was Kermit saying "Let me get you a robe" and that Piggy wearing a goofy Miley Cyrus outfit was enough to get people to tune in. More than once, I watched that promo and thought ABC was actually trying to discourage people from watching the show so they could cancel it.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Love it when Gloria Estefan went after Uncle Deadly's .

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
was that Ian Ziering in the promo? If So that would be cool as I am a huge Ian Ziering fan !!!!!!!!!!!

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I do NOT want to see janice and sam do anything romantic when janice and floyd are the couple and have been for a very long time. I don't know why they' even made that pairing and feels forced and OOC for sam.
I know valentines is coming up but I want to see floyd and janice do something together and NOT sam and janice.
My opinion not changing it. meh whatever.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I liked this episode , and I will continue to watch as long as Chelsea handler doesn't return . if you want to know why I don't want to see her on the show again , just ask and I will be glad to explain why. and if you get offended about what I have to say about her, then oh well . if you heard all about the recent things that she said and did , plus things before that , then you would not be offended. so feel free to ask me . by the way it looks like to me that they are starting to get who the Muppets are.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I liked this episode , and I will continue to watch as long as Chelsea handler doesn't return . if you want to know why I don't want to see her on the show again , just ask and I will be glad to explain why. and if you get offended about what I have to say about her, then oh well . if you heard all about the recent things that she said and did , plus things before that , then you would not be offended. so feel free to ask me . by the way it looks like to me that they are starting to get who the Muppets are.
what exactly did she do? I'm kind of ignorant with most celebrity antics so I am curious.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
what exactly did she do? I'm kind of ignorant with most celebrity antics so I am curious.
well for one she accused bill cosby of trying to assault her, which I don't believe for one moment . because if it really did happened , she would have said something about it before now. now I know the accusers are just now coming forward ,but Chelsea is another case . you can't believe her because, she said that she can't remember all of it . plus you can tell in her voice, that she is lying and that she just said it to get attention . more proof that she lied about it , it would have been in the media more than it was, and she wouldn't have recently posed nude in a magazine if it was true . plus she said that Justin bieber try to hit on her, which is another lie . because she is way older than him , plus Justin looks like the type that would go for somebody his own age. not Chelsea. plus she turned her back on her friend, and now ****** off at her friend . because she spilled her guts to magazine's and talk show hosts, about how Chelsea treated her. which it had to be true , because she wouldn't got so ****** about it if it was not so.