The Muppets Episode 12 - A Tail of Two Piggies

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "A Tail of Two Piggies"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
but no one wants to stick around for an actual muppet show, because we all saw what happened to the ratings, it doesn't matter who writes it.
I beg to differ. VMX was perhaps the poorest Muppet movie we've gotten, and part of the problem was they brought in Simpsons writers for it; Simpsons and Muppets have very different styles of humor.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I beg to differ. VMX was perhaps the poorest Muppet movie we've gotten, and part of the problem was they brought in Simpsons writers for it; Simpsons and Muppets have very different styles of humor.
I seriously disagree with that remark. Jim Lewis came up with the idea for that Movie, and for a lot of fans it was the first time since Jim Henson's passing that Kermit was more like himself.they also really wrote Kermit& Piggy, and Kermit and Fizzie. So yes that movie is not there worst by any means.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I seriously disagree with that remark. Jim Lewis came up with the idea for that Movie, and for a lot of fans it was the first time since Jim Henson's passing that Kermit was more like himself.they also really wrote Kermit& Piggy, and Kermit and Fizzie. So yes that movie is not there worst by any means.
I have to agree with you on that. VMX is actually a guilty pleasure of mine due to everything you just mentioned.

Muppy

Reaction score
I have to agree with you on that. VMX is actually a guilty pleasure of mine due to everything you just mentioned.
Same here. I love VMX and watch it during the holidays every year. (Although I am also a guy who loves Muppets from Space and Kermit's Swamp Years, but can't stand Muppets Treasure Island ... So I guess we can't all agree on what is considered a good quality Muppet films)

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
VMX- A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

Just a short way of typing it.
Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

EDIT: oops looks like JimAndFrank beat me too it lol
Ah,I see. SO in that case i'm gonna agree with @D'Snowth . I really did not like that movie. I mean,I think the characters were alright but the overall tone and humor really didn't feel very Muppet-y to me. The whole movie felt off. Definitely my least favorite Muppet movie. But I do still enjoy "Kermit's Swamp Years"and "Muppets from Space".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, at last, more people in the same league as me!

Yeah, I don't think either MFS or KSY deserve as much hate as they get (I'll admit MFS was flawed with Tim Hill's direction since he didn't even like the Muppets anyway, but all and all it wasn't a bad movie, and KSY was fun despite being oddly anachronistic), but at the same time I don't understand why so many people love VMX; like you said Pig's Laundry, the humor and tone was not in the Muppet spirit - Simpsons, perhaps, but not Muppety.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ah, at last, more people in the same league as me!

Yeah, I don't think either MFS or KSY deserve as much hate as they get (I'll admit MFS was flawed with Tim Hill's direction since he didn't even like the Muppets anyway, but all and all it wasn't a bad movie, and KSY was fun despite being oddly anachronistic), but at the same time I don't understand why so many people love VMX; like you said Pig's Laundry, the humor and tone was not in the Muppet spirit - Simpsons, perhaps, but not Muppety.
Yeah Muppets From Space had a few pacing issues and it could've done with a few original songs,the villain was dumb and some of the scenes were unnecessary. Kermit's Swamp Years was certainly a strange movie and very different from the other Muppet movies,it was experimental. But at the end of the day the biggest issues with the films is it wasn't what people expected.People always expect the Muppet movies to be the first three over and over again.