The Muppets Episode 12 - A Tail of Two Piggies

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "A Tail of Two Piggies"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Really, my biggest issue with KSY is how anachronistic it is: it's supposed to be set in the 50s, given that's when Jim would have been growing up, and we have a seen where Kermit encounters a young Jim, but the movie seems to be set in the 70s instead. Other than that, as I said, I think it was a fun movie irregardless - the new characters added something to the movie, and Jim Lewis and Joey Mazzarino turned out a nice story. The production values were mediocre, but that somehow added to its charm for some reason.

Muppy

Reaction score
like you said Pig's Laundry, the humor and tone was not in the Muppet spirit - Simpsons, perhaps, but not Muppety.
Yeah, I understand what you mean by that. I guess for me it's the Christmas aspect of the special that works best for me. Christmas is my favorite time of year, and the Muppets and Christmas combined is a match made in heaven (even if it's not one of the best things the Muppets put out, I still thoroughly enjoy it, especially the Moulin Scrooge segment!).

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Didn't get to watch this one until just now, so everything I could point out has really already been said. Another pretty good episode, I liked the visual gag of steam coming out of Sam's ears (?) and Pepe posing on the carpet were some highlights for me. I love the little visual gags and puns the show throws in.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I have a love/hate relationship with VMX I like the Moulin Scrooge number & Eric's first performance but, it feels like a Simpsons writer wrote a cancelled episode and tweek it into a Muppet special. It doesn't feel right.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
The Muppets are in danger! They need to get higher ratings or else the Muppets will be gone forever.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
The Muppets are in danger! They need to get higher ratings or else the Muppets will be gone forever.
I think that's being a little over-dramatic. Don't forget that the show is being aired in over 100 countries and from what I've seen, the ratings are looking quite good. There's still plenty of hope.

Besides, the Muppets will never disappear as along as we all stick around to support them.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I think that's being a little over-dramatic. Don't forget that the show is being aired in over 100 countries and from what I've seen, the ratings are looking quite good. There's still plenty of hope.

Besides, the Muppets will never disappear as along as we all stick around to support them.
That's one thing I don't know about, it was sold in over 100 countries, so is it popular in those places, if it's popular in many other countries, can they cancel it, also sadly it's ratings are not good, they started great, in week one it was nearly edging out Modern Family as their highest rated comedy, now it's barely edging out Galavant as their lowest rated comedy, not a good trend to go, but it still might get a renewal.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To be fair, a lot of the problem was making it a direct sequel to THE MUPPETS (2011) - that was quite unnecessary since Muppet movies have never sequeled other Muppet movies and have always been separate, stand-alone features with their own self-contained plots. Making MMW a sequel made it fall victim to today's cinematic gimmicks which are getting old and stale.

That and a lot of people didn't like that the very adult and openly atheistic Ricky Gervais was cast as the human lead.

Muppy

Reaction score
Ok so I just finished re watching "the muppets." Presentation pilot or whatever you want to call it and I've realized what's missing and why a lot of people turned away from the show. The pilot told viewers that they'd be seeing the personal lives of the Muppets, and the pilot was also a lot light more hearted and zany compared to some of the earlier episodes. So far we haven't seen much personal life on the show (a little with the main characters but not a whole lot) and I feel like the new direction of the show is kind of going that way but it's still all centering around Up Late with Miss Piggy. The wacky and zaniness is coming back more and more with each episode which is great.

I just think that what the pilot that everyone saw vs. the first couple of episodes were totally different in tone. If the first episode was something like "a tail of two piggies" I think people the viewership would be more consistent and higher.

And overall, after seeing the pilot after watching the whole season so far, I'm going to have to say that I like the pilot better than the show. I still love the show, but there was something special about the pilot that didn't translate well into the actual show. Does anyone else think this, or am I just crazy?