The Muppets Episode 13 - Got Silk?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Got Silk"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Muppy

Reaction score
So this is my first time doing an actual analysis of the episode. Here's my play by play review/ thoughts I had while watching "Got Silk?" ...
  • Hey, Fozzie is back! For a second ...
  • I like Piggy's frustration that now that there's more Muppets on her show, there's less of her on it. Funny and interesting conflict and totally makes sense. Kudos to the writers for that one.
  • I found it weird that there was no theme song except for the ending "it's time to get things started" music. I guess they needed the extra 15 seconds for the actual episode. Maybe.
  • Kermit calling Denise was cute, and I genuinely felt sad for him. He's attempting to make things right but she's not having it. Bad Denise.
  • Pizza (pache) was the reason why I didn't love this episode. He is so unlikeable, and I understand that's the point, but he just really brought the mood down for me. He is not a good character, and is just awful.
  • I did like when Kermit told Pizza who's boss, even though he was degraded a few seconds later, but it was still nice to see "boss" Kermit and not sad and depressed Kermit.
  • I enjoyed Piggy attempting to make friends, but I felt sad that no one really wanted to be friends with her. (I also found it weird that the episode is called "Got Silk" yet the silk scene was only a small part of the episode. Just a small complaint though)
  • Can I just say that Uncle Deadly makes this series what it is. Without him, this episode would be a lot worse than I think it already is.
  • I felt that RuPal was shoehorned in for no reason. Same thing with that singer girl. Ingrid Michigan or whatever. I haven't liked any of the groups/band/singers that sometimes perform at the end of the episodes. Give me more Muppets please, not some indie flavor of the month artist.
  • My favorite part of the episode was when all the Muppets went to go see Uncle Deadly's rendition of Clueless. That's what I want to see in the series. The Muppets doing crazy things like putting on plays of random 90's movies! That's what the Muppets are!
So yeah. In the end, I found this episode really disappointing. And I'm for the first time actually concerned about ratings and how audiences everywhere will view this episode. It's sad, but hopefully the next episode will blow this one out of the water!

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I really liked this episode. I thought Miss Piggy had some great character development in it. Uncle Deadly was awesome (as always).

I seriously hope the show continues in some way. I know it's unlikely, but maybe they can upload new episodes online (their YouTube channel, Disney's website) or Netflix or something like that. To quote Fozzie in MMW "I don't want this moment to end!!"

Muppy

Reaction score
I seriously hope the show continues in some way. I know it's unlikely, but maybe they can upload new episodes online (their channel, Disney's website) or Netflix or something like that. To quote Fozzie in MMW "I don't want this moment to end!!"
I agree, but even if they did that, there's still a lot of people who don't have Netflix, Hulu and the like. There's always going to be someone left out.

jobi71

Reaction score
I didn't mean that to sound like an order. I just think one of the reasons the ratings are going south is because, people are watching the show online.
And I did not mean the post to be a rebuke. In short we both want the Muppets to do well. PS: The online ratings are recorded as well. So watch when/ where you can.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The average fan is not going to give a flying fish fart that Lew gets lines in the show. They need some star power!!!

Muppet Master

Reaction score

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Uggg they got to get better guests with better things to do.
I agree. Better guests and bigger roles. That would give them something to promo and draw in a new audience and hopefully keep them. People checked out the show early on in the first couple of episodes and didn't care for what they saw. Hard to get them back without a hook.

RuPaul ain't gonna cut it.

Muppy

Reaction score
I agree. Better guests and bigger roles. That would give them something to promo and draw in a new audience and hopefully keep them. People checked out the show early on in the first couple of episodes and didn't care for what they saw. Hard to get them back without a hook.

RuPaul ain't gonna cut it.
And even for RuPaul fans, he was only in the episode for a few minutes with barley anything to do. At least let the guest stars DO something. Not just show up and be in their underwear for a cheap laugh.

jobi71

Reaction score
Here's why better guests/bigger roles result in no benefit to the Muppets. You tube. Anything anyone will want to watch is there. No ratings.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Here's why better guests/bigger roles result in no benefit to the Muppets. You tube. Anything anyone will want to watch is there. No ratings.
That dose not make a lot of sense.