The Muppets SPOILER Thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
They have so much potential, and they are just not using it. It's like tey are falling into one of the same traps Muppets Tonight fell into with very little music.One song pre show is way to little.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
They have so much potential, and they are just not using it. It's like tey are falling into one of the same traps Muppets Tonight fell into with very little music.One song pre show is way to little.
I just feel this show is suffering with all the Piggy centric stories and Kermit slowly getting back with Miss Piggy. We need more of Bobo and The Newsman selling girl scouts cookies that was golden, Gonzo doing stunts, Fozzie running off, The Electric Mayhem out on the road, all of this just isn't there in these new episodes they don't have the energy that they had before, and it's just Miss Piggy and her stuff.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I also think that one major issue is trying to re work some of the Muppets personalities. They have been established characters for years, and to change even the smallest thing about them can hurt viewership.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I also think that one major issue is trying to re work some of the Muppets personalities. They have been established characters for years, and to change even the smallest thing about them can hurt viewership.
Like can you give me an example is it before or after the reboot?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Kermit throughout the whole season has been different from say The Muppet Show days.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Kermit throughout the whole season has been different from say The Muppet Show days.
I mean I would cut the writers some slack, it's not like they can capture the exact character, but Kermit was pretty mean sometimes during the TMS days, but has he really been that different in the show than like in TM'11 or MMW, he seems the same.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
No it's not him being mean it just seems like he has lost his chemistry with the other Muppets.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
what they need to do , is look back at the Muppet show and study the characters personalities from back then . and make those personalities more adult, and take it from there.

Drtooth

Reaction score

As opposed to the no music at all from the beginning of the series.

The writers are trying to juggle the sitcom format with a variety show format. No argument there. There wouldn't be an audience even if they were doing an exact retread of the original series. They'd get bored and still say "they raped my childhood" no matter what they do. The show has seen mark improvement since the break, even just before it. They're going to have an occasional off episode because every show does. I've never seen a show crush it 100% of the time.

That said, if this show does get canned, there's pretty much nothing else we're going to see for a while. The same critics that whined about this show being different are the same that whined about MMW for not being different enough. I'm not going to wait around 5 years for a crummy TV movie with the occasional lame TV Talk show appearance.

Muppy

Reaction score
I'm not going to wait around 5 years for a crummy TV movie with the occasional lame TV Talk show appearance.
I like TV movies though ... lol I'd rather have some TV movies written by Kirk Thatcher than an actual show to be honest