TV Alert: Kermit on Disneyland 60 February 21, 2016

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sunday night watch Kermit the Frog and Tori Kelly sing "Rainbow Connection" on the two hour special "The Wonderful World of Disney: Disneyland 60" on ABC at 8|7c.

After you see the show, post here and let us know your thoughts on this anticipated special!

If you saw Disneyland 60 please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed that they sung "Rainbow Connection AGAIN. But the girl had a sweet voice. But I really wish Kermit would get a new song.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed that they sung "Rainbow Connection AGAIN. But the girl had a sweet voice. But I really wish Kermit would get a new song.
I wasn't so surprised they sang it again. It's literally the classic Muppet song of all Muppet songs. It's a song of celebration and imagination, and both those themes pertain to the special. It would seem odd to me if Kermit sang "Being Green", despite it being Kermit's signature song and another classic.

It was a good performance, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wasn't watching the special, except for being lucky enough to see this segment the second I turned off that awful "Ben Cooper's Guide to Ripping off something on FX" or whatever it's called. It was a cute performance. Of course they'd sing Rainbow Connection, since it's one of his two iconic songs (He hasn't sung Bein' Green for a while, though). Nothing I didn't expect and nothing I didn't enjoy. Glad to see Kermit's still that high a priority with Disney.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I thought it was a nice appearance and well done by Tori Kelly.

The show, although billed as a 60th anniversary special for Disneyland, seemed to take every opportunity to plug a Disney product and/or upcoming film. Zootopia, The Jungle Book, new Star Wars Land, new Disney park in Singapore I think it was, etc. Maybe, just maybe, Kermit's appearance was another plug for a second season of The Muppets. I'd like to think so anyways.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I thought it was a nice appearance and well done by Tori Kelly.

The show, although billed as a 60th anniversary special for Disneyland, seemed to take every opportunity to plug a Disney product and/or upcoming film. Zootopia, The Jungle Book, new Star Wars Land, new Disney park in Singapore I think it was, etc. Maybe, just maybe, Kermit's appearance was another plug for a second season of The Muppets. I'd like to think so anyways.
If it was they would have made that clear.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Nice appearance, managed to catch it right during the commercial break of the FOX Sunday block, nothing much to say, a typical appearance, but since I'm not hyped for every muppet TV appearance anymore since they have their own show, I wasn't exicted to watch it, but no mention of the new show during the special.