The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Really hope the lack of good guest stars the last couple episodes isn't a bad sign of them just plowing through the last few episodes before they contemplate some mediocre sitcom to shove in its place come September. Lack of advertising and interesting guests doesn't sound too promising. This is just frustrating now. Moving the time slot was a huge mistake. It probably would have maintained the viewership even against the overrated "New Girl."

Seriously. The Mindy Project was the one they canned. Not this.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I thought that was Dave Goelz as Robin; he has a bit of Chip in him. All I can think of is this:

So they hammer in the point in the early episodes that Piggy didn't remember Gonzo or Fozzie or any of the core characters besides Kermit, but she remembers Robin, who I remember her having barely, if any interaction with.

I think the whole "Who are you?" bit would have been funnier here with Robin; a cool character who has been ignored and very inconsistent with his appearances lately for no apparent reason. Maybe the reason they kept him out of the limelight for so long was because they didn't have a proper voice actor, which sadly is still the case, but I don't mind or can fault them for trying.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
No because she probably saw robin a lot when she was with kermit

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the whole "Who are you?" bit would have been funnier here with Robin; a cool character who has been ignored and very inconsistent with his appearances lately for no apparent reason. Maybe the reason they kept him out of the limelight for so long was because they didn't have a proper voice actor, which sadly is still the case, but I don't mind or can fault them for trying.
It takes quite a bit to recast a Muppet performer. And they're not going to sound 100% the same. It's about who can get the closest approximation of personality and who's available to perform the character then it's how close they sound. No bones about it, Jerry had a distinct voice quality that none of the performers were able to replicate. And yes, indeed it took forever to recast most of the roles because they didn't think they'd have to until something happened. Things are far more simple now, at least on the Sesame Street front. The characters all have understudies in case something happens. Look how fast they got Elmo back. There was no way they were going to mothball that cash cow.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I thought that was Dave Goelz as Robin; he has a bit of Chip in him. All I can think of is this:

So they hammer in the point in the early episodes that Piggy didn't remember Gonzo or Fozzie or any of the core characters besides Kermit, but she remembers Robin, who I remember her having barely, if any interaction with.

Just because we've hardly seen them interacting doesn't mean they couldn't have. Robin is the nephew of someone who she had been dating for years. I think she'd remember him.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Just because we've hardly seen them interacting doesn't mean they couldn't have. Robin is the nephew of someone who she had been dating for years. I think she'd remember him.
True, but I'm just basing it on things I've seen on the screen.

I also think she'd remember character she's starred in countless shows, specials and movies with.

jobi71

Reaction score

Piggy not remembering Gonzo et al was a big joke in the pitch pilot which was not meant to be seen by fans and I think is a bit of an isolated story to show the executives the possibilities. It is, however, true that in the first episode Piggy on the phone with Fozzie is very dismissive of him - which was a bad writing choice. She's been aware of the others pretty consistently since then. Plus they have been softening the character a bit. To have her not remember Robin would be three steps backwards. As forwhy Robin has been absent as of late: They simply don't cast voice actors to mimic character voices. They want puppeteers who can perform and vocalize the characters. This takes time. And since the reappearance of the Muppets since 2011 Matt has performed Uncle Deadly and Constantine - two leading roles in the films. He also performs as Big Bird, Floyd, Lew Zealand and a few other randoms I am sure. I think the reason we haven't seen Robin is there hasn't been outside of a one line gag and some chorus parts much need for the character.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If anyone wants to chat live as the show is on send me a message on Facebook or here.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So we haven't really seen Robin and Miss Piggy interact much until this, but there is a scene in this episode that shows photos of times Robin has spent with Kermit and Piggy.