How MissPiggy's legs are made?

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
Hi,so I have started making a MissPiggy replica and I'm doing well but I think I'm stuck...

I finished all basic shapes of her body exapt of the legs,cause I'm not quite sure of how to make them...

I can think of a few ways to make them but non of them would work like the original legs work....(I mean their flexibility,sometimes you see them bending when she sits,and sometimes they are straight when she lays down)

Does anybody know how the original legs were built? or how should I make mine?

Animal31

Reaction score
They may not be bendable at all, it may simply be two sets of legs that were used for different scenes.

muppetperson

Reaction score
They are made from carved foam, so they are flexible/bendable.

Iscah

Reaction score
A still picture doesn't really help; you'd have to watch the video and see how they move as she shifts around - can they straighten or are they a fixed shape?

Like Animal31 said, they are quite possibly different sets of legs, each in a certain pose - either attached to separate puppets entirely, or able to be swapped around as needed.

Not directly related to Piggy, but a while back I saw a behind-the-scenes video for Gonzo's song "Jamboree", and at one point Gonzo does a high kick - and what actually happens is that a completely detached leg is held up next to the puppet...

(Apologies if the song is now stuck in your head. That makes both of us.)

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
A still picture doesn't really help; you'd have to watch the video and see how they move as she shifts around - can they straighten or are they a fixed shape?

Like Animal31 said, they are quite possibly different sets of legs, each in a certain pose - either attached to separate puppets entirely, or able to be swapped around as needed.

Not directly related to Piggy, but a while back I saw a behind-the-scenes video for Gonzo's song "Jamboree", and at one point Gonzo does a high kick - and what actually happens is that a completely detached leg is held up next to the puppet...

(Apologies if the song is now stuck in your head. That makes both of us.)
move the video to 13:35 you can see how she climes up the tree...

.p.s the song is stuck in my head:smile:

Animal31

Reaction score
Again, to me it looks like they were molded in a bent position on a rod hidden under the skirt. Not connected at all, same method they would use with Kermit at times.