The Muppets SPOILER Thread

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Very good question. I am guessing they were conceived as two separate episodes. (Maybe not) But I am also curious how we go from episode 15 to episode 16.
A lot of times, if two back-to-back episodes premiere at once (especially if they are two-parters), they're presented as a full-hour, with the opening and closing credits only shown once, and then in reruns they are normally split into two (though Family Guy has had hour-long episodes that always air as a full hour on Adult Swim, though they probably split the half-hours in syndication). I wonder if DVD releases normally present such episodes. But I think the two halves are normally produced separately (I've seen that confirmed for Garfield and Friends, which was broadcast as an hour-long show for most of its original run on CBS, excluding the first and last seasons). And often when two episodes are presented as an hour, the opening credits (at least for the original broadcast) note separate writers/directors for "part 1" and "part 2".

But in recent years there have been times when two new episodes of a show aired back-to-back without the whole hour being presented as one. I recall How I Met Your Mother did that once, can't remember which two episodes they were.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The 2 million viewers who watch the show now are the actual fnas, but ya sadly there's too few of us to make a difference in the ratings.
Let's not forget, a lot of us fans aren't part of the Nielsen ratings and as such don't count. The movies were far more democratic, as we all had to pay to see them. We counted towards ticket sales, even if our numbers weren't spectacular. Ratings are always at the mercy of selected audiences counting for the majority of viewers.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Let's not forget, a lot of us fans aren't part of the Nielsen ratings and as such don't count. The movies were far more democratic, as we all had to pay to see them. We counted towards ticket sales, even if our numbers weren't spectacular. Ratings are always at the mercy of selected audiences counting for the majority of viewers.
Ya, that's always annnoying, shows that are good get cancelled while crap like The Big Bang Theory keeps going on even though it gets mountains of hate, I wish we could get past this outdated system and track more than just live viewing numbers.

Muppy

Reaction score
What a finale! I actually am speechless because I can't believe what just happened.

I'm going to be outright and say what happens so SPOILERS AHEAD (I don't know why I'm saying that, because it is a spoiler thread, but don't be sad if you read something you don't want to know ...)

The episode ends with Kermit and Piggy on a flight to Thailand. Kermit and Piggy both know that they love each other, but Piggy isn't sure that Kermit is 100% on board with their relationship. She leaves "Up Late with Miss. Piggy" angry and just wanted to get away from Kermit again. But Kermit shows up on the plane to convince her to come back with him, and to start dating again. Before Piggy can say how she feels about Kermit, she falls asleep, and the plane takes off (Pepe is also aboard the plane ...).

I actually have no words. The final two episodes are amazing (some of the best in the series), but the finale ends in a cliff hanger. If there is no season 2, then we will have no clue what happens with Piggy, Kermit and Pepe in Thailand! But kudos to whoever decided on the cliff hanger, because it will hopefully get people talking again, and will maybe get us closer to a second season.

SPOILERS ENDS HERE

Some notes ... Pizza/Pache has his final moments in "Generally Inhospitable" which is great for me because I can't stand his character. Yolanda, Pepe and Rizzo are major parts of both episodes, same with Rowlf to an extent. Also, in "Because ... Love" we get to see MANY characters who we haven't seen in a long time, like Howard Tubman (one of my favorites from Muppets Tonight) and Dead Tom. I hope this means that in season 2, there will be many more appearances from Obscure characters like them (fingers crossed for Johnny Fiama!). The Vet's Hospital sketch in GI was short, but sweet. I enjoyed that Uncle Deadly did the "the continuing story of a quack, who's gone to the dogs!" line. It was a nice nod to Jerry Nelson, who was Deadly's original performer and the narrator of that sketch.

I had no issues with either episode, except for a lack of Gonzo, but then again, he's been the focus of the last few episodes. It's kind of like what happened to Fozzie, where he was a main focus in the first half of Season 1 and then kind of faded into the background. But other than that, the finale episodes were amazing. I can't wait to see what's in store for "the muppets."

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
What a finale! I actually am speechless because I can't believe what just happened.

I'm going to be outright and say what happens so SPOILERS AHEAD (I don't know why I'm saying that, because it is a spoiler thread, but don't be sad if you read something you don't want to know ...)

The episode ends with Kermit and Piggy on a flight to Thailand. Kermit and Piggy both know that they love each other, but Piggy isn't sure that Kermit is 100% on board with their relationship. She leaves "Up Late with Miss. Piggy" angry and just wanted to get away from Kermit again. But Kermit shows up on the plane to convince her to come back with him, and to start dating again. Before Piggy can say how she feels about Kermit, she falls asleep, and the plane takes off (Pepe is also aboard the plane ...).

I actually have no words. The final two episodes are amazing (some of the best in the series), but the finale ends in a cliff hanger. If there is no season 2, then we will have no clue what happens with Piggy, Kermit and Pepe in Thailand! But kudos to whoever decided on the cliff hanger, because it will hopefully get people talking again, and will maybe get us closer to a second season.

SPOILERS ENDS HERE

Some notes ... Pizza/Pache has his final moments in "Generally Inhospitable" which is great for me because I can't stand his character. Yolanda, Pepe and Rizzo are major parts of both episodes, same with Rowlf to an extent. Also, in "Because ... Love" we get to see MANY characters who we haven't seen in a long time, like Howard Tubman (one of my favorites from Muppets Tonight) and Dead Tom. I hope this means that in season 2, there will be many more appearances from Obscure characters like them (fingers crossed for Johnny Fiama!). The Vet's Hospital sketch in GI was short, but sweet. I enjoyed that Uncle Deadly did the "the continuing story of a quack, who's gone to the dogs!" line. It was a nice nod to Jerry Nelson, who was Deadly's original performer and the narrator of that sketch.

I had no issues with either episode, except for a lack of Gonzo, but then again, he's been the focus of the last few episodes. It's kind of like what happened to Fozzie, where he was a main focus in the first half of Season 1 and then kind of faded into the background. But other than that, the finale episodes were amazing. I can't wait to see what's in store for "the muppets."
Howard Tubman!! Yaay!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

SPOILERS ENDS HERE

OOh,I want to read it so bad but I know I shouldn't.

Muppy

Reaction score
OOh,I want to read it so bad but I know I shouldn't.
Don't let that spoil it for you! The final episodes (especially "Because ... Love") should be viewed not knowing anything, becuase they're just that good, and have so many twists and turns. You'll be surprised with the outcome tomorrow, I can guarantee that.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Oh my god..........OH MY GOD!!!!

HE SAID IT! HE ACTUALLY FROGGIN' SAID IT!!!!

I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER AND I HAVEN'T EVEN WATCHED THE LAST EPISODE YET!!!!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Don't let that spoil it for you! The final episodes (especially "Because ... Love") should be viewed not knowing anything, becuase they're just that good, and have so many twists and turns. You'll be surprised with the outcome tomorrow, I can guarantee that.
Though did Fozzie get to do anything, sad that there won't be no Gonzo, but whatever.