The Muppets Episode 16 - Because...Love

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Because...Love"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Liked this episode. The bit at the beginning with Rowlf was excellent, and I think he really helped Kermit out with his situation. I loved the cutaway where he explained himself, it captured the silly but genuine aspect of his character excellently. I wish the show had given him more throughout the season.

Jack White was perhaps the last person I would have expected to guest in the show, but he did a good job and came off with more of a sense of humor than I thought he had. Apparently his record label is going to formally release his version of "You Are The Sunshine Of My Life" (if I can find a link again I'll share it).

Kermit in the drawer was hilarious, him on the phone with the snack bag behind him. One thing that I liked from this season was the show shooting scenes from weird angles like that, it showed some creativity in staging.

Glad to see the door is left open for next season, but not in a way that's too heartbreaking if the show doesn't make it back. I'm eagerly awaiting next season's premiere with Pepe describing Kermit and Piggy's vacation to everyone.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Surely I'm not the only one who thought they were channeling Seymour with that elephant reference.

Or was it just a coincidence? :skeptical:

Just the fanatic in me talking, I guess! :fanatic:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So now that this season is over, I'm going to say that I have not watched this show at all, as there was nothing about it that was luring me in or begging for my attention. Even before the show went on, I had one strike against it: bringing in people from THE OFFICE, THE BIG DANG THEORY, and MODERN FAMILY to try to turn this into THE BIG MODERN MUPPET OFFICE FAMILY; I felt like this was a compromise of the Muppets' integrity and legacy of being the unique and fun franchise that they are and that ABC/Disney was trying too hard to try to get them to achieve mainstream status by trying to make their show seem like just another mainstream sitcom . . . but again, that's not to say this show needed to try to duplicate TMS, because they already tried that in the 90s with MT, and that didn't work too well. Later bringing in Chelsea Handler as a guest star was strike two - that felt entirely unnecessary and it seemed to me they only did that as a measure of trying to ensure this show was "edgy" and "adult."

So with two strikes against it already, the show was on the verge of a boycott from me, however I would keep reading the review threads for each episode, and I could see that the attitude of the reviews with each episode since the show's "soft reboot" were becoming increasingly positive and favorable, which seemed to instill some hope for the show . . . still not enough for me to give the show a looksie (as I mentioned with strike one), but it's been nice to see that the show has evidentally been improving.

If the show does get renewed for another season, surely there's still room for further improvements, but until then, only time will tell. Perhaps if it does, I may forgive the show one strike . . . for Chelsea Handler (since she apparently wasn't her usual crass, trashy, classless self) - the idea of copying THE OFFICE and MODERN FAMILY still doesn't sit well with me . . . and if the show does continue to improve if it's renewed, I may actually consider checking it out.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Here's to Season 2.:fanatic:
p.s. I'm still hoping for Walter.
Well, that could be why they left it vague at the end. Now they sort of have to do a season 2 to see how this is resolved. Yes, it would be great if Walt would appear as well.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow! I mean this was awesome. Sweetums was so cool in these also welcome back Rowlf,Crazy Harry and so many others. Kermit LOVES her!!! I can now die a happy fan Bring on Season Two!!!#

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Surely I'm not the only one who thought they were channeling Seymour with that elephant reference.
Okay. I didn't catch an elephant reference. Maybe I missed something. Yeah, writing a fan fic about that would be a good idea. It would be nice to find out what happened to Seymour.

Glad to see the door is left open for next season, but not in a way that's too heartbreaking if the show doesn't make it back.
I don't know. I think it would be pretty heartbreaking if the show doesn't return and we don't find out what happened between :smile: or :mad: but we'll see. BTW, I think we're due for a new Piggy smilie, because considering she's toned down on this show, I don't think 'mad' really describes her character anymore.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
So now that this season is over, I'm going to say that I have not watched this show at all, as there was nothing about it that was luring me in or begging for my attention. Even before the show went on, I had one strike against it: bringing in people from THE OFFICE, THE BIG DANG THEORY, and MODERN FAMILY to try to turn this into THE BIG MODERN MUPPET OFFICE FAMILY; I felt like this was a compromise of the Muppets' integrity and legacy of being the unique and fun franchise that they are and that ABC/Disney was trying too hard to try to get them to achieve mainstream status by trying to make their show seem like just another mainstream sitcom . . . but again, that's not to say this show needed to try to duplicate TMS, because they already tried that in the 90s with MT, and that didn't work too well. Later bringing in Chelsea Handler as a guest star was strike two - that felt entirely unnecessary and it seemed to me they only did that as a measure of trying to ensure this show was "edgy" and "adult."

So with two strikes against it already, the show was on the verge of a boycott from me, however I would keep reading the review threads for each episode, and I could see that the attitude of the reviews with each episode since the show's "soft reboot" were becoming increasingly positive and favorable, which seemed to instill some hope for the show . . . still not enough for me to give the show a looksie (as I mentioned with strike one), but it's been nice to see that the show has evidentally been improving.

If the show does get renewed for another season, surely there's still room for further improvements, but until then, only time will tell. Perhaps if it does, I may forgive the show one strike . . . for Chelsea Handler (since she apparently wasn't her usual crass, trashy, classless self) - the idea of copying THE OFFICE and MODERN FAMILY still doesn't sit well with me . . . and if the show does continue to improve if it's renewed, I may actually consider checking it out.
They're not trying to copy The Office and Modern Family. They're just using the same style they used. It's called a genre.

Muppet Master

Reaction score

So you didn't watch a single episode yet continued to bash it endlessly.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

Frankly i'm shocked. What kind of a Muppet fan are you to criticize one of their shows without even watching it.