The Muppets Episode 15 - Generally Inhospitable

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Generally Inhospitable"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

mr3urious

Reaction score
There were certainly some great Piggy moments here, especially her little backstory on why she was so upset at the fact that she might not host the show, but thanks to a little ingenuity from Kermit, the show went on yet again. I also liked the B-plot with the rest of the gang holding Pache hostage and answering his phone for him, which ended with a sweet emotional payoff. I hope this doesn't mean we'll never get to see him again, as I feel that his impact on "Up Late" could have been felt stronger.

As for the classic sketches, I especially liked the twist with Vets Hospital in that Rowlf was about to operate on an actual human patient rather than a fellow Muppet. The Swedish Chef/Muppet Labs fusion was pretty good, too.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
That was a pretty solid episode and a great beginning to the finale.

Pros
  • Veterinarian's Hospital
  • #RowlfisBack
  • Swedish Chef with Bunsen and Beaker, hilarious sketcg
  • Miss Piggy on morphine
  • On the Road Again with Willie Nelson and The Electric Mayhem
  • Sweetums and Pache
  • The whole plot with Rizzo, Yolanda, Pepe, and Big Mean Carl
Cons

• Not much Fozzie
  • No Gonzo

Nothing much bad to say about this episode, really good overall, and nice setup for the season finale, just great.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Cons

• Not much Fozzie
  • No Gonzo
Well, Gonzo was seen but he didn't have a speaking part. Or was he heard when we saw Camilla return? Either way Gonzo was in the episode. He just didn't have a very big part.

Oh, okay. I got mixed up. I forgot this discussion was for the first half of the show, so you were right. Gonzo only appeared in the second half of the episode. Sorry about that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's what was cut out of the American version:
This was cut? So does this mean that the whole hour was presented as one whole episode (though when shows do present two-parters as one hour in their original broadcasts, they still include the closing tags, adding the credits later if the credits appear during the tags)?

LinkLady77

Reaction score
I loved the moments with Pache and Sweetums. It's great to see so many characters speak again with more than one line! Big Mean Carl with the swallowed cell phone cracked me up, too!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
You know, I was really loving this episode until my local station cut away at the last (and probably best) five minutes for coverage of Donald Trump. I know a lot of people have been wanting certain elements of the show to be more Muppety, but I really didn't need five minutes of an angry talking sweet potato! Guess I'll have to see the climax of the episode online...

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I was really loving this episode until my local station cut away at the last (and probably best) five minutes for coverage of Donald Trump. I know a lot of people have been wanting certain elements of the show to be more Muppety, but I really didn't need five minutes of an angry talking sweet potato! Guess I'll have to see the climax of the episode online...
Considering that I had an entire night blacked out because of the New Hampshire Primaries, I was pretty worried about tonight's episode (and Agent Carter as well). Luckily, I get New Hampshire's feed in my cable provider, which i knew wouldn't black out for MA's one of many primaries. Of course, a few minutes of the first episode were blocked on my affiliate, but it didn't last long and I was able to switch to NH's channel with no interruption.

Though I'm still a little honked off that the MA affiliate blacked out programming for 3 hours of NH coverage a couple episodes ago. Obviously, NH has its own ABC affiliate.