Sesame Street YouTube Channel uploading less content after HBO debut

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For a little while there, it seemed like SW was deleting older clips they had posted and then re-uploading them with their channel tag added to the video.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've noticed that lately, they haven't really been uploading much on the official YouTube channel, except for the Throwback Thursday clip (which is practically all I care about). I've noticed they really haven't uploaded much from Season 46. I remember they originally uploaded all of 4601 and 4602 but they got taken down. Last week they also uploaded that "S is for Safari" film but shortly took it down after. I wonder if maybe HBO is forcing this, because I think they now want to be the official place for Sesame Street.
Yeah. That's been a huge disappointment for me because when the first two eps were uploaded there, I thought that would be a regular thing. I had to hunt all over the web until I found 4603. (Not to concerned about 4604 because that was a repeat episode and we did see the new clip from that one on YT.) But I have yet to see 4605 or 4606. I don't want to have to pay for a subscription to HBO or even the HBO website because I have enough bills to worry about as it is. But those are good thoughts. I know YT has always been copyright sensitive. Maybe they should have a channel on another site such as Dailymotion or something like that. Those rarely get deleted.

Well, anyway. I'm glad I found this post because it kind of answers the question on why we're not seeing the new eps on the web. Now it's just a matter of figuring out what can be done about it. *sigh*

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the plus side, they are continuing to post things, albeit a slower capacity. They posted about 4 or 5 videos in a week and a half period, 2 (or 3) of them old school. I'm just disappointed they aren't posting smaller clips from current HBO episodes. At the very least Smart Cookies and that Orange is the new Snack parody.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, that's kind of good news. So maybe we will see the full episodes on You Tube sooner than we see them on PBS, just not as soon as we'd like to see them. I guess we just all need to keep our eyes open.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
SST finally uploaded another season 46 clip. It's the one with Fifth Harmony.
Every other comment is someone saying that they're not actually singing. I don't really listen to any of their music so I had to go back and listen to some of their songs. I really couldn't find that much difference in their voices but I guess the fans have heard Fifth Harmony's songs a lot more than I have.

Anyways,here it is...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ahh, Fifth Harmony . . . actually, there's a certain way I would describe this group, but it's probably be politically incorrect, so I'll just compare the group to how Taylor Swift did that "Shake it Off" song.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
On the plus side, they are continuing to post things, albeit a slower capacity. They posted about 4 or 5 videos in a week and a half period, 2 (or 3) of them old school. I'm just disappointed they aren't posting smaller clips from current HBO episodes. At the very least Smart Cookies and that Orange is the new Snack parody.
I did want to point out that I saw that season 46: episode 2 was on Daily Motion. Not sure it was SW who posted that too. But I am thinking that may be a good sign for those of us who don't get HBO that we may be seeing the new eps soon, since I know Daily Motion isn't as copyright sensitive as YT. Just thought I'd mention that.

zucca

Reaction score
They're posting some stuff on the HBO Kids YouTube, like the "D is for Dinosaur" animation from last episode.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just now realized the coincidence that they're now up to 4,600+ episodes and here they are in Season 46; what were the odds of something like this ever happening?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I just now realized the coincidence that they're now up to 4,600+ episodes and here they are in Season 46; what were the odds of something like this ever happening?
Actually,they're counting it by the season. The show actually only has about 4400+ episodes.