Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4609 - What I Love About Art

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4609 - What I Love About Art
HBO Premiere: Saturday March 5, 2016
PBS Premiere: Monday April 3, 2017

Telly learns that by using his imagination and experimenting, he can make art in lots of different ways. Also featuring Murray Has a Little Lamb-Art School and Elmo's World-Drawing. Brought to you by the letter A and the number 18.

This episode features an all-new street story.

If you saw "What I Love About Art" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nice to see a street story with Telly in all of his insecure and anxious glory - in fact, what was really fun to see how he felt so set in his ways that there are only certain ways you can use art supplies that he would chastise Abby for doing otherwise, like gluing crayons together in a collage rather than drawing with them, or using a rubber chicken to paint instead of a brush; Nina and the others have to explain to Telly the point of art is using your imagination to make something you feel like making, prompting him to use his imagination to build his sculpture: Shark Moon Rising Over the Soup Can Pyramid. Given the subject matter, I like this episode very much, especially how Abby really used her imagination to make her art, whereas Elmo and Big Bird stuck with more traditional methods such as drawing and painting. Telly eventually building a sculpture out of soup cans, slinkies, a tire and a plastic shark reminds me of a WIMZIE'S HOUSE episode where the daycare kids build sculptures out of old junk as a recycling lesson. I almost feel like Baby Bear should have been in this episode, considering he was the resident street artist for the longest time, and even created his own superhero, but that's just me. It was also nice to see a classic Elmo's World segment today.

My only quibble with this episode (and most episodes this season so far) is the song . . . is it just me, or does it sound like the songs are written a little "rushed"? It sounds like the lyrics are just thrown into a melody and some of the verses sound like mouthfuls being crammed into the tune. Maybe it's just me.

I wonder why HBO's site uses this pic of Alan with barnyard animals for this episode? No such thing happens in the episode.

Last edited by a moderator:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Saw the episode I thought it was good and I like the Grover cameos

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seeing Telly in this episode made me think of something: in addition to tearing down Elmo's brownstone and moving him to the bottom floor of 123, I realized that Telly and Zoe have so far been misplaced as well, because their apartments used to be in the back of the arbor area where the garden was: Telly lived on the bottom floor, Zoe lived on the top - but as we know, that structure was torn down and completely recycled for Abby's new garden. In a real life scenario, I bet Telly would lose some sleep over all that. "THEY'RE TEARING DOWN OUR BELOVED FAMILY HOMES?! WHERE ARE WE GONNA LIIIIIIIIIVE!?! IS THERE NO JUSTICE IN THE WORLD!? WHAT KIND OF SOCIETY DO WE LIVE IN WHERE FAMILIES ARE FORCED OUT OF THEIR HOMES SO THEY CAN BE TORN DOWN BY 'THE MAN'?!! WE SHALL NOT, WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED!"

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was pretty good. It had a good amount of Telly freaking out. Grover making a cameo was nice.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This episode was nice. I was a little worried that Telly would be toned down but luckily he's still his old self. Also glad to see Big Bird again.

It is also important to note that Telly will be in next week's episode as well. So,yaay for three episodes with Telly in a row.

Seeing Telly in this episode made me think of something: in addition to tearing down Elmo's brownstone and moving him to the bottom floor of 123, I realized that Telly and Zoe have so far been misplaced as well, because their apartments used to be in the back of the arbor area where the garden was: Telly lived on the bottom floor, Zoe lived on the top - but as we know, that structure was torn down and completely recycled for Abby's new garden. In a real life scenario, I bet Telly would lose some sleep over all that. "THEY'RE TEARING DOWN OUR BELOVED FAMILY HOMES?! WHERE ARE WE GONNA LIIIIIIIIIVE!?! IS THERE NO JUSTICE IN THE WORLD!? WHAT KIND OF SOCIETY DO WE LIVE IN WHERE FAMILIES ARE FORCED OUT OF THEIR HOMES SO THEY CAN BE TORN DOWN BY 'THE MAN'?!! WE SHALL NOT, WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED!"
I didn't even know we knew where Telly and Zoe lived. Well gosh,this gentrification must really be traumatic to the Sesame residents. Elmo,Zoe,Telly,Bob,Susan and Gordon and who knows how many countless other residents have all been displaced.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm assuming Gina must have lived in an apartment next to Zoe or across the hall from her or one, I remember when Big Bird and Zoe were supposed to have a playdate but both had colds and Telly was their messenger, Gina was staying with her; similarly, during the hurricane, Zoe stayed with Gina.

I must admit, i have always wondered where some of the other Muppets like Cookie and Grover lived; we know Count has his own castle away from the street, likewise the Bear family have a cottage elsewhere.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Before tomorrow's episode premieres, I wanna let you know that this thread isn't showing up in the season 41 subsection. So Phillip, can you please fix that?

zucca

Reaction score
I must admit, i have always wondered where some of the other Muppets like Cookie and Grover lived; we know Count has his own castle away from the street, likewise the Bear family have a cottage elsewhere.
I don't know about before, but on the new set, Cookie Monster's apt is above Hooper's Store.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, that's where Bob used to live. Elmo now lives on the first floor of 123 where Gordon and Susan used to live.