RED ALERT! "The Muppets" fans need to contact ABC **NOW**!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Just because they didn't renew The Muppets right now doesn't mean it's done. They also didn't renew Dr. Ken or Last Man Standing which both do well for ABC, as well as Castle and Nashville. The Friday comedies will be renewed, Castle and Nashville probably for a final season which leaves The Muppets, Agent Carter, and Galavant. They might renew one and the one with obviously the best ratings is The Muppets, but it's not done yet.

ConstantineFan

Reaction score
Agent Carter is going to get a renewal, since Marvel Studios and Disney will just persuade and bribe ABC with huge piles of money.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Agent Carter is going to get a renewal, since Marvel Studios and Disney will just persuade and bribe ABC with huge piles of money.
They don't really have to renew, they're already renewing Agents of Shield. Plus Agents is going to have a spinoff series so even if Agent Carter is cancelled ABC will still have two Marvel shows.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Doubtful if the ratings are to speak of it. Even TM got better ratings near the end, and it's probably a crapload cheaper to produce. Not to mention Hayley Atwell is part of another ABC pilot. She vows she'll do both if it does get renewed. I blame this season's odd story choice. It kinda got saggy in the middle and wasn't as huge scale as season one. Plus, I'd see them putting the SHIELD spinoff (Most Wanted, I believe) in a higher priority.

AS for this show, unless it's on the bubble and will get a slower consideration, I'm not holding on much hope. I'd love to see them at least give it a chance as an online series, Mindy Project and Community style. Or even replace that show with another Muppet online series.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That'd kind of defeat the purpose of trying to get the show to achieve any level of mainstream success.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That'd kind of defeat the purpose of trying to get the show to achieve any level of mainstream success.
Fuller House already got greenlit for a second season due to viewership, despite eviscerating reviews.

All I'm sayin'.

jobi71

Reaction score
Here's the situation as I see it. It is still possible although unlikely the show will be renewed. So in order of likeliness the options are:

1. The show is renewed either for 12 or 22 episodes
2. The show is renewed as a "limited event" series with 6-10 episodes
3. The show is renewed as a mid-season replacement 6-13 episodes. So the show would be filmed, but may or may not air based on the success or failure of other shows. If they do film any episodes I am sure they would turn up somewhere maybe not ABC but somewhere.
4. They cancel the show outright.

If they are cancelled it does not mean we will not see the Muppets again. They can guest star on other shows. Jimmy Fallon and Tom Bergeron love the Muppets and have had them on their shows many times.
The Warburton's commercial shows what a good Muppet commercial can be. Even the No Room for Boring car commercials were fun.
Viral Videos. Bohemian Rhapsody, Flowers on the Wall, Jungle Boogie etc were all great. Plus the promised Pigs in Space videos yet to come.

Speaking of the Pigs in Space videos: I would love to see them do a serialized version of them. Have the story told in three parts. Each video would be 5-7 minutes long and end with a cliffhanger. The second part would air the following week and the conclusion the week after. On week four all three could be released as one video. The focus would be (obviously) on Piggy, Link and Strangepork, but surely Dearth Nadir would make an appearance at some point as could any of the Koozebanean characters, Annie Sue could also be a pig in space, and there's always room for a cameo from Kermit or one of the other main characters. Even a possible human guest star. Disney owns Star Wars too maybe Carrie Fisher? Or Luke Skywalker's talented cousin Mark Hamill could return.

In short, yes we should lobby and hope for season 2. If it is not in the cards then we should lobby for quality Muppet content on other platforms. It's an established brand with a devoted core following and a large if fickle tangential following. All of whom like to buy things. Disney knows this. The Muppets are surely not going back into the vault.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
No way Agent Carter is getting renewed, even the own showrunner said in an interview that their chances were bad, also The Muppets got better ratings than it even it the poorly rated second half. As for The Muppets, if it came between Agent Carter, Galavant, and The Muppets and one could be renewed, it would be The Muppets. Thanks to a strong premiere and first half, The Muppets is averaging a 1.3 and 4 million viewers, but by the end it was doing 0.8 and 0.9 for it's finale and around 2 or 3 million viewers, not good but you never know, it's not terrible enough to be a certain cancellation, but it's still not looking good. Be cautiously optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.