The most unbelievably awesome news ever... Ducktales

mr3urious

Reaction score
The first look at this series has popped up.

While the first look I had I was a little mixed, closer inspection brings to mind current Italian Scrooge McDuck comics. It looks like the boys and Webby have grown up a little, giving Webby a better look than miniature Daisy Duck with cartoonish bow. Hopefully she's a much stronger character in this series.
To me, it looks more like a fusion of the Carl Barks/Don Rosa comics with the 2013 Mickey Mouse shorts. I especially like the comic book-style backgrounds and how the nephews look a little more divergent like they did in Quack Pack, though thankfully they don't look too "hip" and "edgy" as that show.

It's nice to know that most of the characters created for DuckTales will be returning. Hopefully Donald will be used more often this time, too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit, I liked some of what Quack Pack did, if only for Donald Duck's role in the show. I remember actually seeing the tweenage version of the boys on the cover of Tiger Beat (or something like that). If they didn't feel the need to make them that hip and edgy, I think the show would have worked. or at least if they had any connection to Ducktales. There's something about that show I keep thinking would have worked, I can't put my finger on it, though. Of course, Goofy's son Max was a little hipped up, as well as the concept, but it just worked better over all.

I'm happy they're keeping the divergent Beagle Boys. While I do love the original comic book versions too, where they're all the same and even have the same expressions in a single panel, the different personalities, designs, and especially voices (the A-team Beagles had 2 voice actors doing 2 Beagles really hammers that home) made the characters more memorable. I also hope the writers of the show remember that Magica is a sexy Sophia Loren type and don't write her as an old hag of a witch. I'd love her to be a little more seductive yet with animosity to Scrooge like in the comics. Would be cool if they made Flintheart South African again, but that sounds doubtful.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I have to admit, I liked some of what Quack Pack did, if only for Donald Duck's role in the show. I remember actually seeing the tweenage version of the boys on the cover of Tiger Beat (or something like that). If they didn't feel the need to make them that hip and edgy, I think the show would have worked. or at least if they had any connection to Ducktales. There's something about that show I keep thinking would have worked, I can't put my finger on it, though. Of course, Goofy's son Max was a little hipped up, as well as the concept, but it just worked better over all.
As teenagers with attitude, the nephews' antics with Donald make them come across more as delinquent punks than mischievous scamps, making them less endearing to the audience. And yes, more of a connection to DT could have made QP better, too.

I'm happy they're keeping the divergent Beagle Boys. While I do love the original comic book versions too, where they're all the same and even have the same expressions in a single panel, the different personalities, designs, and especially voices (the A-team Beagles had 2 voice actors doing 2 Beagles really hammers that home) made the characters more memorable.
I really hope they consider the one-shot Megabyte Beagle. His sesquipedalian loquatiousness was utterly profound and endearing, and it is so upsetting that he made but one sole appear-

"Say it in Beagle talk!"

I liked how he used big words and stuff, and I want to see him again! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd love to see the Beagle family tree expanded as well. At the very least, I hope they don't forget the B-Team of Babyface, Bebop (sometimes called Bugle for some reason) and Bankjob. While I got to admit they're not as much fun as the 4 main Beagles, they're still a solid team.

As teenagers with attitude, the nephews' antics with Donald make them come across more as delinquent punks than mischievous scamps, making them less endearing to the audience. And yes, more of a connection to DT could have made QP better, too.
I feel there's also some level of Animaniacs influence they were trying to pull off. Like trying to make the boys Yakko, Wakko, and Dot but not getting what made them special past dressing up as characters and annoying the antagonists. They certainly could have been written better and when they aren't being written as teenagers with 'tude, they actually have some solid moments. While I like the show, it really deserved better scripts, and it's not that there wasn't a level of writing quality there, it's just that they were pigeon holed into trying to make Goof Troop but with Donald and didn't quite get the same effect. Still, the interactions between Donald, Daisy, Kent Powers, and even Donald's weird foreign neighbor were solid and very much in Donald Duck cartoon spirit. And every so often they'd have a very good episode. I loved the one where he keeps de-aging and turns into his "Wise Little Hen" incarnation (followed by his Disney babies model).

I don't know how true it was that this was supposed to be a sequel to Ducktales. Seems like "All Ducks on Deck" was written with that in mind. I mean, not with Scrooge, but certainly his hitch in the Navy. Too bad they didn't keep that up.

mr3urious

Reaction score
One other thing that I hope the writers remember is that Scrooge's Money Bin does not represent all his wealth; only the wealth he earned himself and cherishes the most, and that he has assets elsewhere. The writers of the original seemed to have forgotten that in later episodes.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I have a question, Who's going to voice Scrooge McDuck now? Since Alain Young had died a few months ago.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Remember when we were all excited that WayForward had that deal to remake the Ducktales video game and got back as much of the surviving cast as possible?

This is freaking better!

Disney is going to make A FREAKING NEW DUCKTALES SERIES!!!!!!

A FREAKING NEW DUCKTALES SERIES!!!! I... I can't believe it! I mean, sure, I'd rather see a new Darkwing but SQUEEEEEEEE!!!! New Ducktales!

Considering the age of some of the actors, I hope they'll be able to come back and reprise their roles. If not, I hope they have some great recasts in there. I really liked Brian George's Flintheart and Eric Bauza's Fenton/Gizmoduck. I hope they keep them.
yes !

Drtooth

Reaction score
Scrooge was probably recast a while ago. Supposedly none of the original cast has been called back. Terry McGovern reportedly didn't get a call back. Though I have the sneaky suspicion, in an act of recursiveness, Launchpad may be replaced by Donald Duck, who was replaced by Launchpad for the original series.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Scrooge was probably recast a while ago. Supposedly none of the original cast has been called back. Terry McGovern reportedly didn't get a call back. Though I have the sneaky suspicion, in an act of recursiveness, Launchpad may be replaced by Donald Duck, who was replaced by Launchpad for the original series.
If it means the new staff are big fans of the Uncle $crooge comics and will make something a bit closer to it, then woo-hoo! But if it means having to eliminate characters like Launchpad, then boo-hoo. Hopefully if it's the former, they'll find a way to fit him in later.