The Muppet Show Season 1-3 releasing 3/15/16

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if there are any new features with these "Special Editions" that are releasing tomorrow, 3/15/16?

I have the original releases from forever ago. From the pictures on Amazon, they appear to be the same packaging. Has anyone heard any info on these as yet?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And Disney still listening to :fanatic: in that we've been waiting for Seasons 4 and 5 because we already have Seasons 1, 2 and 3. *Grumble.

Meh, that's why we have a thriving tape trading community to get the episodes in their entirety. :shifty:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if there are any new features with these "Special Editions" that are releasing tomorrow, 3/15/16?

I have the original releases from forever ago. From the pictures on Amazon, they appear to be the same packaging. Has anyone heard any info on these as yet?
I heard that a while back, though it's tomorrow nice, maybe I'll buy one and check it out. Still not sure if it's offical or not.

http://www.amazon.com/Muppet-Show-S...=1-2&keywords=the+muppet+show+special+edition

I found the season 2 special edition, it says it has 1 disc inside it.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Can anyone who bought these tell us if there's anything different? Is season 1 unedited, are the songs in season 2 closed-captioned, are there new bonus features?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I doubt it. A lot of shows have been doing this lately, where they'll rerelease multiple seasons in one set, and that appears to be what Disney is doing with TMS.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, this could be a sign that seasons 4 and 5 are on the way. They may just release those together as well. We'll see.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, I doubt it. Unless we hear something otherwise, I think Disney's just taking part in a new trend a lot of shows are going through on DVD right now. Seriously, go to Walmart (y'know, actually walk into a store, rather than just shopping online), and you'll see sets like FRIENDS Seasons 1-5, I LOVE LUCY Seasons 1-3, HOGAN'S HEROES Seasons 1-4, and such.

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
Again, I doubt it. Unless we hear something otherwise, I think Disney's just taking part in a new trend a lot of shows are going through on DVD right now. Seriously, go to Walmart (y'know, actually walk into a store, rather than just shopping online), and you'll see sets like FRIENDS Seasons 1-5, I LOVE LUCY Seasons 1-3, HOGAN'S HEROES Seasons 1-4, and such.
I apologize for the confusion. It is not a "set" I was asking about. These are 3 individual re-releases of each season titled "Special Edition." They are not packaged together.

The seasons have also been removed from the Disney Store website, which I thought curious...

Season 1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_14&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Season 2
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_15&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Season 3
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_16&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In that case, those all appear to be the original releases of those respective sets; Amazon's a lot like eBay, in a sense, anybody can sell anything on Amazon like they can eBay, and that appears what these are, just the original releases being sold on Amazon.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
In that case, those all appear to be the original releases of those respective sets; Amazon's a lot like eBay, in a sense, anybody can sell anything on Amazon like they can eBay, and that appears what these are, just the original releases being sold on Amazon.
But they have a release date of March 15, 2016 and say they contain just one disc.