Zootopia! Never been so excited for a CG film

LabyrinthLani

Reaction score
Loved loved loved this movie! First of all, the animation was beautiful, all the details in the buildings and the characters were perfect. The fur looked lush and each different ecosystem had its own character and feeling. It really is amazing all they were able to do with CGI, to not only create one world on its own, but several different worlds within that.

The storyline was excellent too, putting forward the message about not letting fear rule the day and how everyone traffics in stereotypes, whether they have malicious intent or not. It's a good message for a movie, because that is something that most people do, pick up stereotypes through society and not really even give them a second thought. The scene where Judy reached for the repellent when arguing with Nick at the police station was a great example of that.

Plus it was fun too! All the little puns and details in the background were great, with the signs and references, changed for animals of course. And the animation of the sloths was great.
I agree! Absolutely loved the film.

C to the J

Reaction score
Truly amazing. I watched it in IMAX.

And in case anyone hasn't noticed, Alan Tudyk has been getting a role in Walt Disney Animation's films within the past few years:

King Candy/Turbo (Wreck-It Ralph)
The Duke of Weselton (Frozen)
Alistair Krei (Big Hero 6)
Duke Weaselton (Zootopia)

And let's not forget Ludo in that one TV show, Star Vs. the Forces of Evil.

If they give him a role in Moana and more in future films, he just might be WDAS's answer to John Ratzenburger. You have to admit, the voice range is quite varied and impressive.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Truly amazing. I watched it in IMAX.

And in case anyone hasn't noticed, Alan Tudyk has been getting a role in Walt Disney Animation's films within the past few years:

King Candy/Turbo (Wreck-It Ralph)
The Duke of Weselton (Frozen)
Alistair Krei (Big Hero 6)
Duke Weaselton (Zootopia)

And let's not forget Ludo in that one TV show, Star Vs. the Forces of Evil.

If they give him a role in Moana and more in future films, he just might be WDAS's answer to John Ratzenburger. You have to admit, the voice range is quite varied and impressive.
It's been confirmed that he will be on Moana.

C to the J

Reaction score
Rather fascinating. I wonder if Raymond Persi (a member of the WDAS group who also performed Gene and Zombie in Wreck-It Ralph and the car horn in Get a Horse!) got to perform the puppet version of Flash. One can still learn to be a puppeteer even though one is already working in other fields, right?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I said this in another thread but, anyway the only thing that was disappointing was no short in the beginning.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
A little late to the thread, but I decided to watch this film to see what all the hype was about.

WOW!! :fanatic:

Just an amazing movie overal, easily one of my favorite animated movies of all time, seriously from the buddy cop esque plot, the comedy, the great animation, and great social commentary. Zootopia is not just a great animated movie, it's a great movie period. I can't wait for the sequel.