Favorite Seinfeld moments?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I noticed I'm starting to get a George Costanza wallet! So packed with receipts, ticket stubs (but very little cash!) it won't fold over anymore.

'Scuse me while I eat some M&M's with a spoon. 8)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got to thinking: if Susan's parents never liked George, then why did they not only put him on the board of directors of her foundation, but also made sure the foundation itself revolved around his schedule (nights, weekends, whenever he has freetime)? Were they trying to spite him since they pretty much knew he was the reason she died?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
George did have the best pickup line for chicks:
"Hi. I'm George...... I'm a writer!"

Being a writer even beats out latex salesman or marine biologist.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He also liked to pretend he was an architect, which often gets me to wondering, why did George always want to pretend he was an architect? Why didn't he ever try to become an architect? He may not have been bright, but he seemed to be knowledgable enough in that field . . . if anything, he always seemed to go out for jobs that he had absolutely no qualifications for in anyway, yet it seemed like he always got those jobs just out of sheer, dumb, idiot luck. Just about the only job he was of any use to was when he worked for Kruger, mainly because the Kruger company had no management whatsoever.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, here I go. I'm finally going to see what all of the hype is about, i'm about to watch the show for the first time.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Not sure yet, I was going to start with the pilot and then watch some of the more popular ones. Any suggestions?
I'd suggest skipping the pilot for now. Way too many bugs. If you start there, you'll lose interest immediately. Start with something in between seasons 3 and 9, perhaps. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree, the pilot was universally panned by viewers and critics alike - so much so that when the pilot went to series, the network had so little faith in it that the first season only had five episodes.

To me, the earlier seasons (which were mostly shorter) show signs of how much it struggled, and the episodes tend to be a tad slow-paced, dull, and feel like drawn-out stage plays. I'm with Mo, only for my personal opinion, I'd say anything from Season 5 though 9 instead of 3 through 9: I feel like 5 is when the show finally found its footing, structure, and solidity.

Now, many critics say the last two seasons (8 and 9) are awful, because by then, the show's co-creator/showrunner had left, and they feel the writers went way too far in making situations absurd, far-fetched, and unrealistic . . . but in my personal opinion, they're two of my favorite seasons, but it's all up to you.

If you have TBS, they air four back-to-back episodes early in the evening (6:00 - 8:00 EST) every weeknight except Monday (which they devote to a marathon of Seth MacFarlane shows), and they happen to be in the middle of Season 8 right now, so there's a good place for you to start. Bear in mind, though: TBS has a tendancy to really bounce around the seasons a lot, so just because they're showing Season 8 right now doesn't mean 9 will follow afterwards.