Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4616 - Rocco's Playdate

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4616 - Rocco's Playdate
HBO Premiere: Saturday April 23, 2016
PBS Premiere: Monday December 12, 2016

Elmo and Zoe use arts and crafts to help make a 'friend' for Zoe's pet rock, Rocco, to play with. Also featuring Murray Has a Little Lamb-Recycled Art and Elmo's World-Drawing. Brought to you by the letter C and the number 7.

This street story is originally from Season 43, Episode 4322.

If you saw "Rocco's Playdate" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The cold open with Cookie Monster was the only new thing. It was pretty good. I like that they're finding ways to keep using Murray segments.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This must have been a number of years ago - Alan wasn't as gray as he is now.

Not too much of a fan of these particular Elmo and Zoe puppets: Elmo looks like he's wearing a face-covering comb-over, and Zoe looks like she's had her hair teased . . . but at least it's not that hedious small Zoe.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

Not too much of a fan of these particular Elmo and Zoe puppets: Elmo looks like he's wearing a face-covering comb-over, and Zoe looks like she's had her hair teased . . . but at least it's not that hedious small Zoe.
Exactly, that's what i've been saying, I really hate most of the Elmo puppets they've been using the past few years.
Although, this is definitely my favorite Zoe puppet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also forgot to point out the nice little throwback in having Alan wear a Hooper's Store apron, which I only remember being used during the Handford years.

Oscarfan

Reaction score

It's from 2013.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course this episode would be the one to air when cable subscribers get the free weekend to watch Game of Thrones. Had these rerun episodes not have been decided upon before the HBO partnership and then later as a result of needing more episodes to fill out the order, I'd feel a might ripped off.

I flipped back and forth with this one to see if they at least had a new segment or something they don't show often. Is it just me or is the "C for Craft" tying into the "Who wants to make a paper sculpture" a bit of a stretch? I think the least they could have done for this season is change the graphic at the end of the Letter of the Day song to at least feature the letter spelling the word.