RED ALERT! "The Muppets" fans need to contact ABC **NOW**!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
I THINK WE ARE GETTING SEASON 2!!!!

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/tv-...celled-supergirl-castle-nashville-1201759276/

Meanwhile, “The Muppets” is primed for a renewal, despite ratings that continued to sag after a midseason showrunner change. Though execs have been 50/50 on bringing back the furry friends in recent months, sources say to expect another season. Long-running drama “Castle” also has a 50/50 shot at returning after jettisoning actors Stana Katic and Tamala Jones and their accompanying salaries. ABC is in negotiations with star Nathan Fillion and will have a definite decision for the show’s team May 5 or 6.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
I THINK WE ARE GETTING SEASON 2!!!!

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/tv-...celled-supergirl-castle-nashville-1201759276/

Meanwhile, “The Muppets” is primed for a renewal, despite ratings that continued to sag after a midseason showrunner change. Though execs have been 50/50 on bringing back the furry friends in recent months, sources say to expect another season. Long-running drama “Castle” also has a 50/50 shot at returning after jettisoning actors Stana Katic and Tamala Jones and their accompanying salaries. ABC is in negotiations with star Nathan Fillion and will have a definite decision for the show’s team May 5 or 6.
oops. I was alittle late to the party....

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not definite, but there is this article in Variety* which says, "Meanwhile, 'The Muppets' is primed for a renewal, despite ratings that continued to sag after a midseason showrunner change. Though execs have been 50/50 on bringing back the furry friends in recent months, sources say to expect another season."
This looks like it's mainly speculatory, and nothing close to official. I'd rather wait until we get official word on if we're getting a second season or not and not a "maybe sort of probably" from a third party source. If this is an indication that things might look good, I'm all for it. I'm just disappointed that Agent Carter's not likely to get renewed, no thanks to the weak plotline this season. Though the only indication of that was Hayley Atwell being in a yet to be picked up pilot for something. That...that really doesn't mean anything. There was speculation that the guy who plays the oldest son in The Middle was attached to a rival network sitcom pilot last season. Pilot was never picked up and The Middle had another season in production. Though the lousy ratings and budget would be more adequate factors in Carter's demise, not to mention the Mockingbird spinoff. The whole Tuesday Night line up really fell after winter break.

As far as any news, I'm weaving in between cautiously cautiously optimistic (as in I'm cautious about being cautiously optimistic) and pretty much accepting it probably won't come back. If this is an incredibly strong indication, maybe I could let out a little more caution and just be plain old cautiously optimistic. Hopefully the writing will shape the show into something to get the old fuddy duddies back into watching this.

Then again, I wasn't expecting Bob's Burgers to not only have this many seasons under its belt after the first season ended, but to get as much buzz and mainstream cult love. It's a Fox animated sitcom that wasn't Family Guy or Simpsons. With the exception of King of the Hill and American Dad, there's really nothing much to be hopeful about there.

terrimonster

Reaction score
This looks like it's mainly speculatory, and nothing close to official. I'd rather wait until we get official word on if we're getting a second season or not and not a "maybe sort of probably" from a third party source.
When I posted that link I probably should have given some sort of qualification that I don't put a lot of stock in such speculation. The same speculation said Galavant and Agent Carter wouldn't get a season 2. The link to the article was in response to people left wondering after a post that said, "Guys, it looks like we are getting a season 2!!!" with no additional explanation. I did the research and decided to share my results. I'm in the same boat as you - until I hear something official I'm prepared to accept that this is the end.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Indeed. They could just as easily decide "NAAAAAHHH!!!" and pull the plug ASAP. I'd say ratings wise it should get a second season, even if it's a pity renewal. It's not ABC's fault that the midseason break screwed the entire night royally (other than movie Muppets to a later slot).

Something tells me Fox will renew Grandfathered somehow and swear that it's a gold mine because John Stamos will keep funding it.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Variety and the Hollywood Reporter are really accurate at least In my Opinion, as a Star Wars Fan who follows Spoilers and Production! My dad used to read all the trade Papers back In College In the 70's and he reiterates that they are very good papers!

Deadline is another good trade paper? I wonder If our letter writing worked, is that what did it? I urge anyone who hasn't wrote ABC to do so and even If you have written once don't feel ashamed to write multiple times, I am about to write for my third Time!

well, I had to edit my post to let you all know I just wrote ABC a third time!

Last edited:

SnakeLipsXD

Reaction score
We shall know the fate of The Muppets by May 17. At this point I'm catiously optimistic for a renewal, but also half accepting a cancellation. I just want to hear the news, and whatever happens at least we got something.
Same. I'm with you on that - half and half.
I am, however, still reeling from the fact that the Muppets are back on TV...

scooterfan360

Reaction score
We shall know the fate of The Muppets by May 17. At this point I'm catiously optimistic for a renewal, but also half accepting a cancellation. I just want to hear the news, and whatever happens at least we got something.
I too have mixed feelings about it,
I too have mixed feelings about it, I wish that they wouldn't make us wait like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.