Sonia Manzano to Recieve Lifetime Achievement Daytime Emmy

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Would you believe there will be another Lifetime Achievement Award winner with a history with The Muppets?

Voice actor Frank Welker (who we all know was Baby Kermit) is also due to receive one.

UGH! Would you believe the one time this isn't being broadcast?
Well that sucks. Oh well, I suppose this was a long time coming and well deserved.

You know something? with all this attention Sonia's been getting lately,I almost feel like her leaving Sesame Street was just a big publicity stunt, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If it was one of the Krapdashians, or Kanye getting the Lifetime Achievement Award, you can bet your bottom they'd do whatever it took to broadcast.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But they're not Daytime Television.

I really wish dwmckim (or whatever his name is) would weigh in on this, but like I said, I'm surprised they're even bothering with Daytime Emmys anymore. Soap operas still exist somehow, and their fanbases are lucky as crap they haven't all been tossed in the woodchipper. There's barely any competition for those awards, and that's what audiences tuned in for. That's why there's still the Prime Time Emmys and why they're still a big draw. THOSE are the shows people care about. And yeah, they all either go to cable or internet exclusive shows. But there's still that excitement of big name stars competing for Best actor and best TV series.Who wants to watch "Best Sleazy Talk Show Hold Out from the 90's that are still somehow relevant," "Best FCC Mandated Educational/Informational Filler We'd Give the Time Slot to an Infomercial if we could," or "Judge Shows are still a thing and somehow deserve recognition, but we'll give it to Judge Judy because the others are just that generic?"

Sure, maybe talk shows that have actual celebrity guests pushing something or game shows should get some recognition, as do the educational kid's programs. Other than that, why would they bother airing something that no one really cares about and the ratings were slipping the second ABC and CBS were talking about taking their soap operas around back and putting them out of their misery (or rather the misery of the trust fund brats that are responsible for Daytime programming losing money)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
So far, Sesame Street has picked up 3 Sound Mixing Awards at the technical Emmys.

Still in a nice little ghetto away from the actual awards even though the main one won't be broadcast. Makes sense. Wouldn't want Judge Judy to have to sit through that long an awards show. She has a busy job of entertaining people even lower class than the ones she features on her show. :rolleyes:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

Here is the video of the entire Daytime Emmy's broadcast. Sonia's part starts around 50:30. Alan Muraoka, Emilio Delgado, Loretta Long, Alison Bartlett, and Bob McGrath are there too.
Awesome! Thank you for sharing this!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That was really cool. I couldn't get a close view of all the cast members, but it was good to see Gabi Regan aka the original Gabi on SS. I'm glad they incorporated the SS Muppets as well. I liked Rosita's reaction to the word Oscar. I'm glad Mario recalled Elmo being the ring bearer at Maria's wedding. They seemed to forget about that in "The Street We Live On" special. (Recall Elmo was shown in that flashback, but he acted like he wasn't there.) Seems like this show was way better with continuity. Lol.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm glad Mario recalled Elmo being the ring bearer at Maria's wedding. They seemed to forget about that in "The Street We Live On" special. (Recall Elmo was shown in that flashback, but he acted like he wasn't there.) Seems like this show was way better with continuity. Lol.
Yeah, I always thought that was weird. They stated that they were looking at a time before Elmo was born but, we could very clearly see him at Maria and Luis' wedding. Plus, the other clips they showed of Gabi's birth and Miles' adoption, Elmo was already a main character when that stuff happened.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Okay, so I just watched the tribute. Sonia's speech was very nice , and it was great that they got Rita Moreno, one of Sonia's biggest influences and also a CTW show alum herself, to present the award. I think this is only the second time i've seen Sonia tear up like that. The only other time being the "Goodbye Mr.Hooper" scene. Really nice to see all the old cast members their, especially Alison, who very rarely makes public appearances.
My only complaint is that the montage seemed very half-hearted. It's like whoever was making it just said, "Yeah,sure, whatever, this scene had Maria in it, so we might as well use it."
That being said, there were a few gems in their like the clip where Maria had big hair and was talking in a thick New Jersey accent. That clip hasn't surfaced yet.