MissPiggy's body

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
Hi,

So I was quite busy planing how I am going to make my miss piggy replica,and I have a few questions about the body...

1.https://www.flickr.com/photos/94261765@N05/13745453004/In this photo you see that her body was made from patterns how did they make the patterns?

2.Should I just seal the body and then flock or is there any fabric I should put before flocking?

3.Why do they never show her hands? always with gloves.

muppetperson

Reaction score
On rare occasions, Miss Piggy has gone without gloves.
Usually, the body is just flocked. If you didn't want to flock,
then there are some felt type fabrics that have the same texture of
flocking. I believe Miss Piggy's body is carved by machine, now.
They probably used a paper pattern to mark the foam and then cut it.

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
On rare occasions, Miss Piggy has gone without gloves.
Usually, the body is just flocked. If you didn't want to flock,
then there are some felt type fabrics that have the same texture of
flocking. I believe Miss Piggy's body is carved by machine, now.
They probably used a paper pattern to mark the foam and then cut it.
Yes but they didnt buy the pattern they created it I assume,so how did they create the paper pattern? I mean How could they know exactly to make the shape they want?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yes but they didnt buy the pattern they created it I assume,so how did they create the paper pattern? I mean How could they know exactly to make the shape they want?
I guess it is like painting a picture. They have an idea of how she should look,
and with trial and error, create the pattern that will achieve the look.

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
I guess it is like painting a picture. They have an idea of how she should look,
and with trial and error, create the pattern that will achieve the look.
Is there any method for creating a pattern cause I think I whanna start building mine,I already have the basic shapes that I'd like to achive but I have no idea where to start from with creating the pattern...

muppetperson

Reaction score
Is there any method for creating a pattern cause I think I whanna start building mine,I already have the basic shapes that I'd like to achive but I have no idea where to start from with creating the pattern...
I suppose start imaging her body in flat 2D. What you could do is start with a rectangle sheet of foam and bend it around and glue it to form the thinnest part of Miss Piggy's body. Then wrap some more foam around the top to form Miss Piggy's breasts and then wrapping some more foam around the bottom section so it leaves a sort of hour glass figure, but chubby. there are different ways to make her body. Maybe others could come forward with ideas to help you who have made Miss Piggy. Hope this helps.:smile: