Your Muppet mistakes

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Well, only by reading through this thread have I discovered that Whitmire is pronounced 'Whit-mer'... :stick_out_tongue:

I love puppets

Reaction score
This is a pretty weird one, but I thought Janice was a man that was a cross dresser. Yes, very odd.

cjd874

Reaction score
This is a pretty weird one, but I thought Janice was a man that was a cross dresser. Yes, very odd.
Well...not too odd, considering that Michael Frith originally designed Janice as a Mick Jagger-type character, right down to the large mouth and "utterly emaciated" body. I was pretty spooked out when I first saw it, and I'm really glad that instead, Janice became the guitar-shredding valley girl we all know and love.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I used to think Barkley from Sesame Street was a real dog

Before I knew how the Big Bird puppet worked, because he's so tall it didn't make sense to me that an actual person would be inside so I assumed Big Bird must have been a robot.

I originally thought Olivia appeared in the first season of SST.

I used to think that the first few seasons of SST were filmed in black and white.

I used to think Brian Henson played Kermit after his father's death.

I've been a Muppet fan since I was a baby and found out about many of the performers when I was five, but I didn't know that Eric Jacobson had taken over Frank Oz's characters until I was about nine.

I originally thought that Beautiful Day Monster was an early version of Sam the Eagle, due to their similarities in appearance.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's the way I've always heard it pronounced: not WHIT-MER or WHIT-MEER; always WHIT-MYER.

With that said, I do recall one occasion where the cast of SST were at an appearance where the emcee mispronounced Caroll's last name as SPY-NEE.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Speaking on the same subject, I've wondered how Stephanie D'Abruzzo's last name is pronounced. I tend to say it as "Duh-Broozoh", but could it actually be "Dee-Abroozoh?"