Netflix, do your stuff! The Magic School Bus gets new series.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
They finally released a trailer:

Interesting... so, the reason Kate McKinnnon is Ms. Frizzle now is because she's playing a different Ms. Frizzle, she's playing the original's sister. But, don't worry, the original Frizzle makes a guest appearance (still played by Lilly Tomlin). Also, interestingly, Hamilton's Lin Manuel Miranda sings the theme song now. Seriously, that guy is everywhere these days!
Can't say i'm keen on the animation style, but that doesn't mean the show can't still be good. I'll give it a chance.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
They finally released a trailer:

Interesting... so, the reason Kate McKinnnon is Ms. Frizzle now is because she's playing a different Ms. Frizzle, she's playing the original's sister. But, don't worry, the original Frizzle makes a guest appearance (still played by Lilly Tomlin). Also, interestingly, Hamilton's Lin Manuel Miranda sings the theme song now. Seriously, that guy is everywhere these days!
Can't say i'm keen on the animation style, but that doesn't mean the show can't still be good. I'll give it a chance.
Will the original (Lily) still be on the show?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Can't say I'm too keen about this, either. While they got Lily Tomlin back to voice Ms. Frizzle, she's taking a backseat to her younger sister created just for this reboot? Real jarring to me. And surely they could have gotten a better studio if they're going for cheap Canadian tax write-off Flash animation, like maybe Bardel or Mercury Filmworks rather than 9 Story, a.k.a. the ones who worked on Arthur. Feels far too flat and creaky like a lot of them, and have done better work with Wild Kratts and Peg + Cat on PBS.

I do like the new bus design, though. Has more of a modernized look to it, and could possibly be a hybrid. Maybe we'll see a remake of that episode where they try to save the bus from getting sent to the junkyard by going inside it and learning about how it works?

I'd like to see Tim get more of a personality, too. He was clearly the least interesting personality-wise.

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'd like to see Tim get more of a personality, too. He was clearly the least interesting personality-wise.
OMG, you're right, I literally always forget Tim was even on the show. Considering he hardly had any lines a lot of the time, maybe he could have more of a shy, introverted, book worm-ish type personality. Or maybe he could be more of a quiet thinker who seems like their's not much going on in his head, but he's really just sizing the situation up and coming up with smart plans. I dunno.

Anyway, re-watching the show more recently, I realized, sure Tim was boring, but Phoebe was just flat out useless. All the other characters made smart observations and helped when things got dangerous, but from the episodes i've seen Phoebe just sits there and talks about her old school. Not exactly the brightest kid in class.