ABC officially cancels "The Muppets"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Aw dang it! This seriously sucks. I feel really angry, sad and just hopeless right now. Can this franchise do anything successful anymore?!? UGH, this completely stinks. :cry::mad:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Sigh, I fully expected a cancellation, but it's just sad to see the writting, well I guess that's that, there's nothing we can do, all I'm saying is The Real O' Neals, American Crime, and The Catch all literally had the same ratings as The Muppets, so ya, RIP to another short-live muppet show.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Sigh, I fully expected a cancellation, but it's just sad to see the writting, well I guess that's that, there's nothing we can do, all I'm saying is The Real O' Neals, American Crime, and The Catch all literally had the same ratings as The Muppets, so ya, RIP to another short-live muppet show.
rip Muppets, 2015 - 2016 :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
BOOOOOOO!! :mad:

I'm sorry I need to vent, so fully expect lots of annoying comments, it's how i'll cope.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yes, it's sad, but you know what? We gave our all. The Muppeteers, the crew, the writers, the producers and we fans all believed we could do it. And for a short while, we did and it was wonderful.

I don't regret a thing. The Comic Con panel, the debut, the rise and fall of the ratings-I would go back and experience it all again, the good and the bad. We became one huge family unit when we realized the show was at risk and it is times like these that remind me why I chose to join this fandom in the first place.

The show was full of laughter. It gave characters like Chip the chance to be creepy, Scooter to be a nerd, Sam to fall in love and Uncle Deadly to become a legend. It gave us Gloria Estefan. It gave us Robin back and Lips a voice. It gave Piggy a chance to grow and Kermit a chance to realise why he loved her the way he did. It reminded us to be silly and not to be ashamed to let our pig tails be shown to the world.

Keep your chin up and be proud of our little fandom for what it accomplished in 16 episodes. The Muppets have pulled themselves up and dusted themselves down after several crashes and burns. And so will we!
I wish this forum had a love button.

Couldn't agree more.

It's difficult to say what the future has in store for the Muppets. I'm going to try to stay optimistic, though.

Keep the Muppets alive online. Keep sharing Muppet stuff on social media. It certainly won't cause ABC to change their minds, but it will at least say that people still care.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm not sure we'll get anymore major Muppet projects for a long long while, we just had two and they both failed. At least the Muppet performers still have Sesame Street if they ever want to perform regularly.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It's just sad you know, not just for me, but Steve and Dave and Bill and all the writers and directors who worked so hard. Everything was perfect, this was going to be the thing that put the muppets well into the limelight, there was hype, there was great advertising, and at first great ratings, I fully blame ABC for the stupid "reboot" idea, the show had decent numbers, but they had to squash that, did they really think viewers would come back? I'm just trying to vent right now, I'll accept it's fate at some point, but again the stupid real o neals and amercian crime got the same ratings as muppets.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Alright folks. This is how it's going to work:

I'll tell you what I told everyone on Twitter. Once you've had your tantrums and your fits of anger and a good cry. Pick yourself up, get out your phones, laptops or whatever you have and START PROMOTING.

The show may be over, but the franchise is not. Share videos, songs, funny photos...anything. Show the world that we are not backing down!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I'm bummed out it didn't get renewed but if I may say, what I think is worse is seeing people badmouth ABC and Disney and say things like "Jim's rolling in his grave". (Mostly on FB). Like I understand we're upset, and the whole team, performers et. all, made a huge risk doing this show in the first place. Every episode is a miracle. Every episode is another half hour of fun, humor, and muppety content that, had they not gotten as far as they did, and had ABC and Disney NOT greenlit or gave this project a chance, we would have never got. Keep that in mind.
Basically I just feel that a lot of the the anger and hatred is misplaced. It's legitimate because we all wanted to see it move forward, but to blast the network and politics like that, and say those things, like, at least we got something out of this.
TV is not what it was in the 50's, or the 70's, or the 80's. I heard this series was also set to go to Netflix? What's to stop Disney from perusing that going forward? Not really much.
A lot of hard work and soul went into this show, and on the whole a lot of Muppet projects deliver on that. They were still the Muppets. I imagine them gracefully leaving the network with their heads held high, as in the end of Muppets '11. (Except Gonzo can't wiz a bowling ball onto the head of a network executive and make everything right again).
Looking forward to see where the Muppets go next.

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
Just heard the news on Facebook today about the Muppets' cancellation. I just wanna say I'm sorry I didn't do much to help. :cry: But no matter what people say, the show will always be a hit to me. :fanatic::flirt: