Buffy discussion thread

Princeton

Reaction score
I've noticed there's never been much discussion about Buffy, a Native American character that was featured on Sesame Street throughout the 70's and 80's. What I like about her inclusion was that Sesame Street was so good and prolific about having characters from as many ethnicities/nationalities as possible. Buffy was not necessarily a great actress, but it was very clear that she had great chemistry with the Muppet characters.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I've noticed there's never been much discussion about Buffy, a Native American character that was featured on Sesame Street throughout the 70's and 80's. What I like about her inclusion was that Sesame Street was so good and prolific about having characters from as many ethnicities/nationalities as possible. Buffy was not necessarily a great actress, but it was very clear that she had great chemistry with the Muppet characters.

Awesome! I like that sketch.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Buffy was well before my time, so I really haven't seen hardly much of her at all except for what may be available online, which is little.

I actually wasn't even aware until I saw it on YouTube that "Different People, Different Ways" originated in the 70s (the only version I had heard was when Papa Bear sang it to Baby Bear after Curly was born), but I really liked how obviously 70s-esque the original version with Buffy and Big Bird was.

cjd874

Reaction score
Buffy was also on the show years before my time, but it's clear how much she enjoyed working with the Muppets & cast members. I'm still not sure whom she had the best chemistry with, in terms of humans & Muppets. She seemed to be teamed with Olivia, David, Luis, and Maria the most, as well as Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch.

Based on what I've seen, Buffy seemed to be featured most often in seasons 9 & 10, including episodes 1037, the Hawaii trip (1090-1095), and several rare episodes that have resurfaced on YouTube (1220, 1285, and 1299).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
From the very little i've seen of Buffy, I really like her. Both of these episodes from season 10 feature some really cute scenes between her and her son:

I just Googled Buffy and apparently she and Sheldon are no longer married. Sheldon's did a little bit of acting here and there after he left Sesame Street.
I wonder what Cody's been up to.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Buffy was introduced in episode 814 while in New Mexico, she visits a Pueblo with Maria and Big Bird.
I remember her days on the Street (I'm old enough to have been there). She wasn't around long, but she was special.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I thought this thread was about Buffy the Vampire Slayer at first. As soon as I saw it I thought
"Sarah Michelle Gellar was on Sesame Street?" lol

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at the program guides for seasons 11 and 12 from the CTW Archives that recently surfaced online, it seems like Buffy and her family would make visits to Sesame Street over the course of a few episodes. Which makes sense, since they were living in Hawaii in season 9, something I thought was kinda odd but didn't think too much about. I see guides for episodes that mention them planning to come to Sesame Street or planning to leave.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Buffy was a very underrated character.

I'd love to see her introduction one day...