New Feature: Change Username

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the most requested updates we receive is for members to have the ability to change usernames. Maybe you'd like to make a capitalization change or go with something entirely different. Up until now this has been a manual process that required numerous steps for the staff to implement. Now if you go to your User Control Panel, you'll see a new option to "Change Username".

Here is some more general info on how this will work:
  • A new "Username History" tab will be present on members profiles. A history of old usernames will be displayed in your profile. This history will be publicly accessible by anyone.
  • A user can't use a username that was used before unless that username was used by the same user.
  • Once a username update is made, the forum staff is immediately notified so that we are aware of the change.
Here are some of the current restrictions that are in place. These are subject to change if needed:

1. Maximum Number of Username Changes - Limit to 3
2. Minimum Number of Days Between Changes - 30 days
3. Minimum Days Registered Required - 0 days
4. Minimum Posts Required - 0 posts

Please consider this change carefully. Your public username and avatar is how most people recognize you, so changing this will have a big impact on your account. It is generally best to keep the same name for a long period of time unless you have a really good reason to make a change.

Let us know what you think of this new feature and if you find it helpful.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
How does this affect logging in?

I know you can use your email address but you can also use your username. Would you log in with your old username or new username?

Kinda disappointed you can only change it 3 times but I understand why.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sounds neat!! I like mine though, so I'm not changing.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Apparently 'Sarge' is taken by a banned account or something since it won't let me change to that even though no user seems to exist with that name.

WELP. Time to think of something else. :sigh:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Apparently 'Sarge' is taken by a banned account or something since it won't let me change to that even though no user seems to exist with that name.WELP. Time to think of something else. :sigh:
How about 'Lieutenant.