Ghostbusters 3 finally on the way? You decide!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't give them any ideas. At least, any "free" ideas. Besides, can't you see that kind of farsical GB team-up as a parody movie whose trailer is then shredded by Jay Sherman? I can hear it now, Grown-Busters... More like "Groan"-Busters.

BTW: Is anyone collecting the DST GB figures? It's a staggered release schedule, with a huge cast including repeats, but I hear that you'll be able to assemble an awesome diorama of the Shandor Building's rooftop and Gozerian temple.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That said...uh...anyone actually see the Ecto-Cooler in stores?
People have found some at Wal-Mart. Probably the first good thing that store has ever done. :wink: Other people mentioned Price Chopper or Cinemark movie theaters. I think people have been snatching them up quick to sell on Ebay, lol. They're on Amazon, but it's pricey.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Because of course they would. Seriously, screw those people. I never liked scalpers.

If there's something that should be all the outrage, it's the poor distribution of this stuff. Hopefully this gets cleared up by the time the film is released. Kinda wish some fast food place would have a GB tie in. They'd find a way to serve it. Like when Burger King released Frozen Surge. Maybe a Frozen Ector-Cooler or some kinda Ecto-Cooler Slurpee at 7/11?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What about an Airheads flavor? That seems to be the marketing trend most frequently used in recent years. Then again, I myself don't eat Airheads, I just see the commercials on TV when they're on.

Key Slime Ecto-Cooler Slushies, the latest GB product to keep the kiddies happy at all those birthday parties the busters attend to make some money after trapping all the ghosts in NYC.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Key Slime Ecto-Cooler Slushies, the latest GB product to keep the kiddies happy at all those birthday parties the busters attend to make some money after trapping all the ghosts in NYC.
Ecto-Cooler is more of a tangy orange flavor with a kick of citrus, not lime. It's far superior to the more accessible and constantly in production "Orange Lavaburst." That one's easy to find and even served in McDonalds.

You know what else would disappoint me about all this? If no one comes up with a Ghostbusters Cocktail that uses Ecto-Cooler and Dan Ackroyd's vodka in that skull shaped container. That has to happen.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, I was going by Slimer's main color. But if it's orange/citrus... I guess we could call it New Yuck Orange Screamcicle?

Skull-shaped container? You mean the one that if two people touch it at the same time and one says "I wish" it changes them so they change places? Oh, wait, that's the plot of the movie Viceversa, sorry, wrong movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
New and Original Ghostbusters dance to their theme song.

You know, whatever you think of the reboot, these actresses have taken a lot of very ugly guff. And the original cast were the classiest people last night for standing by them (and no, they did not “have” to do that).

Nice to see positivity still wins out. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Skull-shaped container? You mean the one that if two people touch it at the same time and one says "I wish" it changes them so they change places? Oh, wait, that's the plot of the movie Viceversa, sorry, wrong movie.
To no surprise, as he's the guy who created the Ghostbusters, Dan's a little..uh...side passionate about the supernatural and all things ghostly. There's a story about his vodka coming in skull shaped containers. He told it once years ago on CBS Sunday Morning, but I unfortunately forget it. That said, I'm pretty much a teetotaler, but even I'd buy one of those to have as a nice shelf piece. If I had the money...or shelf space not occupied by Mixels, Muppets, or Ninja Turtles.

But someone's gotta make that Green colored, tangerine orangy kiddy drink with pricey celebrity vodka cocktail. Maybe garnish with a toasted marshmallow?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems we're getting a new Ghostbusters cartoon, too.

I don't think I care much for it being set in the future. Kinda makes it sound similar to the Filmation series...which weirdly was the same premise of the original Ghostbusters concept before Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis got involved.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Seems we're getting a new Ghostbusters cartoon, too.

I don't think I care much for it being set in the future. Kinda makes it sound similar to the Filmation series...which weirdly was the same premise of the original Ghostbusters concept before Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis got involved.
If this series is making the original futuristic premise a reality (that was scrapped because of budget), then that's great. :smile: