Looking back at MC Forums

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I was actually looking at that about a month ago myself. As a new member, I think it's cool to check out sites your on and see how they looked like way back when. Personally, I like the way everything looks right now best, but it's all interesting.

gravy

Reaction score
I think it's cool to check out sites your on and see how they looked like way back when.
Yes, and I even looked up some people that said were online when the screenshots were taken, and some of them haven't been on for 7 years! Haha.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In terms of layout, appearance, and everything . . . ehh . . . I feel like I'm missing the old vBulletin days less and less, if only because I'm more used to this server now. Plus, we've got so many more features now that the vBulletin forum didn't have, such as larger avatars, more smileys, posting images and videos in threads (back then, that was strictly forbidden due to bandwidth issues), so I'd say for user ability, I'd say I'm fine with MC presently.

Now, as far as the community goes in terms of activity and members and such, I'd definitely say the period from mid-2005 to late 2009: during that period, the community as a whole really picked up and we really started bonding with one another and developing the close-knit group of Muppet Freaks that we had become - older members were coming out of their shells (including myself), and during this time, newer "second generation" members were joining up and adding to the fun atmosphere in their own way, and it just really made MC the very special place it was.

gravy

Reaction score
I'd definitely say the period from mid-2005 to late 2009: during that period, the community as a whole really picked up and we really started bonding with one another and developing the close-knit group of Muppet Freaks that we had become - older members were coming out of their shells (including myself), and during this time, newer "second generation" members were joining up and adding to the fun atmosphere in their own way, and it just really made MC the very special place it was.
I wasn't on MC back then, but I can tell from all the threads that it was an outstanding time for the forums. MC is really something special to the Muppet world. It's one of the only social things Muppet Fans have.