Am I the only one who hates what they've done to the Fozzie puppet?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I also really don't like that Elmo puppet SST has been using the past couple of years, it's head is too wide and he looks like a beaver:

And another thing,they can't make up they're mind about which Elmo puppet to use. it looks like they've been using like six different puppets and all of them look very different from each other .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And another thing,they can't make up they're mind about which Elmo puppet to use. it looks like they've been using like six different puppets and all of them look very different from each other .
Well we know that have several different Elmo puppets that they use, it could very well be they just pick up whichever they can grab and use it for whatever they're currently filming.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well we know that have several different Elmo puppets that they use, it could very well be they just pick up whichever they can grab and use it for whatever they're currently filming.
But I wonder why the inconsistency is so recent,around 2011 and earlier they pretty much always used the same Elmo puppet unless he was in a costume or something.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
One puppet that looks off is the German Prairie Dawn it looks like Prairie & Betty Lou mixed into together.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have to bump this thread again, because I see that it's not just the Muppets that have been affected by this, but the Krofft Puppets as well.

Now, granted, the Krofft Puppets have never exactly been as spectacular as the Muppets, mainly because the Kroffts themselves have admitted that, unlike Jim, they were never interested in the artistic possibilities of puppetry, and always went for the commercial value: their shows were always done on incredibly small budgets, and as such, their puppets were put together with chewing gum almost. Of course, however, given low-budget was always their look, and as such, it's easy to identify trippy full-bodied puppets as theirs: highly visible seams, mouths that don't lip sync properly, and googly eyes that have no focus. But, as I said, it was their look, and as such, that's pretty much what you come to expect from the Kroffts.

But . . . heh . . . even the Krofft Puppets now have a really "advanced" look to them, so much so that they don't even look like Krofft Puppets at all! Take a look at a couple of comparisons:

Here's what Krofft talking trees looked like back in the days of H.R. PUFNSTUF:

Compared to a pair of talking trees (named Sid and Marty) that recently showed up on MUTT N STUFF:

Another example? Remember SIGMUND AND THE SEA MONSTERS? That show's recently been rebooted (dumped straight to Amazon); remember his two meathead brothers, Blurp and Slurp?

Take a look at them now:

Quite a stark contrast from the Kroffts' hey day in the 70s and 80s.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Great to know those guys were given more of a budget. They really do look closer to Muppet designs now.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I have to bump this thread again, because I see that it's not just the Muppets that have been affected by this, but the Krofft Puppets as well.

Now, granted, the Krofft Puppets have never exactly been as spectacular as the Muppets, mainly because the Kroffts themselves have admitted that, unlike Jim, they were never interested in the artistic possibilities of puppetry, and always went for the commercial value: their shows were always done on incredibly small budgets, and as such, their puppets were put together with chewing gum almost. Of course, however, given low-budget was always their look, and as such, it's easy to identify trippy full-bodied puppets as theirs: highly visible seams, mouths that don't lip sync properly, and googly eyes that have no focus. But, as I said, it was their look, and as such, that's pretty much what you come to expect from the Kroffts.

But . . . heh . . . even the Krofft Puppets now have a really "advanced" look to them, so much so that they don't even look like Krofft Puppets at all! Take a look at a couple of comparisons:

Here's what Krofft talking trees looked like back in the days of H.R. PUFNSTUF:

Compared to a pair of talking trees (named Sid and Marty) that recently showed up on MUTT N STUFF:

Another example? Remember SIGMUND AND THE SEA MONSTERS? That show's recently been rebooted (dumped straight to Amazon); remember his two meathead brothers, Blurp and Slurp?

Take a look at them now:

Quite a stark contrast from the Kroffts' hey day in the 70s and 80s.
Definitely a huge improvement. But i'm definitely going to have nightmares about that Blurp and Slurp gif.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While I can agree with the sentiment that it's amazing what the Krofft can achieve when they actually have an actual budget to work with, at the same time, the puppets and suits they're churning out almost don't look like Krofft Puppets at all, but rather, like something you might come out of the Creature Shop.

Interestingly enough, they do have some Henson people working for them now: Drew Massey performs Stuff, and he and Victor Yerrid perform the two cat puppets on MUTT N STUFF.

ShMuppetgal96

Reaction score
I also really don't like that Elmo puppet SST has been using the past couple of years, it's head is too wide and he looks like a beaver:

I'm not a fan of the new look Elmo has either...and truthfully I'm still trying to get used to Ryan's voice instead of Kevin's

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just learned some interesting news regarding the new Krofft puppets for the Sigmund reboot: apparently, they're animatronic - I don't believe they have anybody inside them - and they're also waterproof, so that they can actually go into and come out of the water. The Krofft also made it clear they have no intentions to replace any of their traditional puppetry with CGI, which is certainly refreshing to hear in this day and age.