New Muppet Series in the works?

Mary Bird

Reaction score
I guess my hangup is that Kirk tends to get REALLY enthusiastic about everything, and while I can't blame him (I would be excited all of the time if I were him, too!), it does make me hesitant.

I'm also trying to remember if he referred to the Turkey Hollow creatures as Muppets (for frame of reference to what he could be referring to). I'm not sure he always differentiates, but then, I have a terrible memory. LOL. Anyone recall?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What if it has something to do with seasons 4 & 5 of ?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm also trying to remember if he referred to the Turkey Hollow creatures as Muppets (for frame of reference to what he could be referring to). I'm not sure he always differentiates, but then, I have a terrible memory. LOL. Anyone recall?
It's this speculation stage that really keeps me from being excited. Sure, there's the obvious hopes and dreads that project announcements can naturally cause. That's a normal thing and to be expected. But when it comes to something like this, it's best not to think too much about it until we get solid info. Otherwise every bit of news that will be telephone gamed, exaggerated, overrationalized, and just worried over will wind up being completely different than what we'd wind up getting. We don't want to create huge expectations that will disappoint us in the end, nor do we want to be so incredibly negative that we'll lose interest by the time something does get announced.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
Yeah because I'm really excited for the project, but don't want to expect TOO much from it.

He hasn't told us which Muppets are involved yet. I'm still thinking it will be certain Muppets grouped together in one short, but again we won't know until Fall. But hey, if there's Muppets in it I'll gladly take it.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It's this speculation stage that really keeps me from being excited. Sure, there's the obvious hopes and dreads that project announcements can naturally cause. That's a normal thing and to be expected. But when it comes to something like this, it's best not to think too much about it until we get solid info. Otherwise every bit of news that will be telephone gamed, exaggerated, overrationalized, and just worried over will wind up being completely different than what we'd wind up getting. We don't want to create huge expectations that will disappoint us in the end, nor do we want to be so incredibly negative that we'll lose interest by the time something does get announced.
I agree, the thing I don't like is that ToughPigs, Muppet Mindset or any other muppet fan site hasn't had an article about it, and I haven't seen a single news article about it, the only thing we have is Kirk's word, which is fine, but I would like some more confirmation.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I agree, the thing I don't like is that ToughPigs, Muppet Mindset or any other muppet fan site hasn't had an article about it, and I haven't seen a single news article about it, the only thing we have is Kirk's word, which is fine, but I would like some more confirmation.
I think again it's because it's a secret project and we don't know many details about it. I think once more things come out about it, there will be articles.

All we know so far is that it's a series but not a HUGE show. We don't know if it's shorts, music videos, and will feature most of the Muppets. We'll just have to wait and find out more.

Drtooth

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like the incredibly old guy who isn't tech savvy and puts an over emphasis on how great things were before technology, if there's one thing I miss about the pre-internet days (at least the level of internet advances in the past 20 years) is that when a project came out, we got word of it in just enough development that it was still a surprise and you didn't follow every to the letter update. Or at least it was more easily avoidable. Now we have cases like Amazing Spider-Man 2 that announced the "Death of Gwen Stacy" plotline.... less than a week after the first movie hit theaters. D'OH! Not saying the movie would have been much better or better received. My point is, they took what would have otherwise been "OOOH! Shocking swerve" and turned it into "UGH! When the crap is Gwen Stacy gonna die already?"

I'm sure that soon enough not only will we get more information, I have every confidence we'll have waaaay too much information, and probably less excitement due to lack of surprise.