Your Muppet mistakes

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In the audiobook version of STREET GANG, Caroll pronounced it DEH-BROOT-SO, which I seem to recall Elmo saying when speaking to Diva D'Abruzzo in the Singing episode of Elmo's World.

I think I mentioned this before, but I'm wondering how Pam Arciero's last name is pronounced - I seem to recall someone suggesting it's pronounced the way it's spelled: AR-SEE-ERR-OH. Same with Johnny T.'s last name: TAR-TAG-LEE-UH.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm wondering how Pam Arciero's last name is pronounced - I seem to recall someone suggesting it's pronounced the way it's spelled: AR-SEE-ERR-OH
That's how this interviewer pronounces it:
Speaking on the same subject, I've wondered how Stephanie D'Abruzzo's last name is pronounced. I tend to say it as "Duh-Broozoh", but could it actually be "Dee-Abroozoh?"
She says it's just pronounce "Duh-Broozoh"
Staphanie pronounces her last name at about the 10:36 mark of this podcast:
https://www.podcat.com/podcasts/Y48...episodes/lVB2Ex-38-stephanie-d-abruzzo-part-1
You should check out the whole interview if you haven't already btw, it's very informative.

Rarity

Reaction score
I'v still call Statler Stantler like the pokemon i never bothered to correct myself.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I first heard of Muppetzine when I first got the internet back in 1996, I thought it was an official Henson Company-produced/approved Muppet magazine. I didn't realize it was just made by fans with no involvement in the company (though official people did do interviews and correspond with the magazine). Just a few months early, I heard about things like copyright laws and needing permission to use other people's works, and assumed, though it didn't cross my mind at the time, that a fan could not legally make a magazine without permission from the company.

I probably should have thought the same about all the Muppet fan sites, but at first I thought the info on the internet was basically magic (ignoring things like mentions of web authors, times when they wrote as if the pages were done by individuals, notes from certain authors that they didn't know or have certain things, etc.), or that The Jim Henson Company was somehow behind all the fan sites in some way.

Even after I knew that websites were written by individuals and that many were not made or endorsed by Henson, I still assumed for a number of years that Muppetzine was an official Henson product.

I think I also thought Muppetzine could be found in stores with other magazines, even though I never saw any in person. I didn't realize that you had to order it.

And on a separate note (but it's something I first heard about at about the same time I heard of Muppetzine), I thought that Jim Henson: The Works was a book without many pictures. Just several pages of text and a few pages of black and white pictures in the middle of the book.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I still have a hard time remembering which one is Statler and which one is Waldorf.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
when i first seen the Muppet movie for the first time on TV , back in 1983, when i was a kid, i thought the lyrics to moving right along went like this .

we're moving right along , footloose and Pepsi free :laugh: .
  • and i also thought the song also went like this,
  • we're moving right along , footloose and set me free :laugh:.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Also, for a long time I believed Gonzo was a bird. Feathers, beak...and I was TERRIFIED of him!
"AAAAAAH! IT'S A WEIRD BIRD!"
I was slightly the opposite actually, lol, I knew Nicky was the bad guy, but I completely missed how silly and over the top he was supposed to be. To my 5 year old eyes, I thought he was the suave but deadly type, lol.
Swayzak from Toonami, too.

Also, does Eric Jacobson do Yoda's voice now?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
when i first seen the Muppet movie for the first time on TV , back in 1983, when i was a kid, i thought the lyrics to moving right along went like this .

we're moving right along , footloose and Pepsi free :laugh: .
Well that is true, we never see them drinking Pepsi! :wink: