The Muppets (2015) Emmy Consideration

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Even though The Muppets has been cancelled, it doesn't mean that it can't get some Emmy love. I looked at the Emmy ballots and found that several people and episodes have been inserted for consideration, I'm not sure if I found them all, but here's the link and the nominations I found are below.

http://www.emmys.com/ballots/2016

Outstanding Comedy Series

The Muppets

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series

Bill Barretta as Pepe the King Prawn, The Swedish Chef, Dr. Teeth, Big Mean Carl, Bobo

David Goelz as The Great Gonzo, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Chip, Zoot, Waldorf, Beauregard

Eric Jacobson as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam the Eagle

Steve Whitmire as Kermit the Frog, Rizzo, Beaker, Lips, Statler, Newsman, Foo-Foo

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series

David Rudman as Scooter, Janice

Matt Vogel as Uncle Deadly, Robin, Sweetums, Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Camilla, Crazy Harry

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series

Julianna Buescher as Denise, Yolanda

Outstanding Writing For A Comedy Series

A Tail of Two Piggies, Generally Hospitable, Swine Song

Outstanding Directing For A Comedy Series

Going, Going, Gonzo, Randall Einhorn

Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Cam Series

Pig Out, Craig Kief

Thoughts? Do you think anything can win or be nominated? I really hope something does just to stick it to ABC, also on July 14 the emmy nominations will be announced.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Wow that's kind of nice! Hopefully a few of the puppeteers get nominated and even win! That would be cool if the show won an Emmy though! :stick_out_tongue:
I'm not keeping my hopes up, but it's possible it could get nominated for something smaller like cinematography, but you never know maybe they will win, the puppeteers really deserve it, and remember The Muppets are no stranger to the Emmys, The Muppet Show won 4 Emmys and got nominated 21 times. But I do think the show would have a better chance if ABC had renewed it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Remember this is for consideration. This means literally nothing beyond that being a guarantee.

Best comedy is going to go to something dramatic on cable or netflix that barely qualifies as comedy.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Remember this is for consideration. This means literally nothing beyond that being a guarantee.

Best comedy is going to go to something dramatic on cable or netflix that barely qualifies as comedy.
Oh ya, there's no chance it wins best comedy, I think it's possible though it gets a nomination in something small like cinematography.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I much as I would LOVE to see one of the performers win, it's an extremely long shot that they'll even get past this stage.