Worst/creepiest puppets/puppeteer work

WereFox

Reaction score
For every good puppet like the Muppet Show or Puzzle Place characters, there are dozens of awful ones. Here's what I think are some of the worst:

- These ones come from an awful, low-budget, straight-to-video SS wannabe called Peppermint Park. The human characters especially look ugly with their shrunken, realistic heads; linebacker shoulders; and monkey mouths. Witness the valley that is most uncanny.

- These Christian puppets sing about their non-resemblance to monkeys. I think they're right on the money, don't you? :big_grin:

- I didn't know Fizzgig could speak, and was German!

- Those teeth! :eek:

- Ick! Terrible lip sync, hard-to-hear voice over the loud music, and a downright horrifying puppet design!

Share your thoughts here.
I will have nightmares of that little girl puppet ripping me apart with those teeth.

WereFox

Reaction score
Ah, yes. Look What God Made. I had some good fun with this "classic."

I actually found a VHS copy of this thing at a thrift store later on. For novelty sake, I bought it. :laugh:

Speaking of creepy Christian puppets...

I've actually become a Christian fairly recently, but I must assure you, these two puppet shows did not help me make that decision! If anything, they kept me from it. (Although, I must say, I've become quite a fan of VeggieTales)

Funny thing, Anthony Field (The only original Wiggle who didn't retire just before this past Christmas - Three new Wiggles have taken over) has joked about these Wiggles puppets. I can't find the interview where he said it, but he said something along the lines of "they're really creepy." Can't blame him. :stick_out_tongue:

Now everybody Do the Propeller!

No! I will not do the propeller! Nope, nope, nope!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's some really bad puppeteer work from a Japanese VHS that's either about how to get high scores in video games or just providing commercials for them...I dunno.

And it sucks because that Puppet is pretty awesome. In the hands of a skilled professional, it would have been quite impressive.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It looks like if Max from GOOF TROOP was bitten by a vampire.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Somehow, I think he looks like a character straight out of the 1979 Filmation Mighty Mouse show. Mixed ever so slightly with a Whimzey's House puppet.

Still, awesome puppet, terrible puppeteering, expected bad Japanese 1980's studio effects.

WereFox

Reaction score
Here's some really bad puppeteer work from a Japanese VHS that's either about how to get high scores in video games or just providing commercials for them...I dunno.

And it sucks because that Puppet is pretty awesome. In the hands of a skilled professional, it would have been quite impressive.
I love that bat puppet! It looks like a bat version of Mickey Mouse! It looks so cute! Can I keep him?