• The Swish chef

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Newsman

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Today I thought we could start a poll/discussion on which one of Jim Henson's characters on the Muppet show people like the most. Now I know for some this may be a challenge,but I also hope that this will open some good fun conversation about Jim and the Muppets.
So tell us who is your Favorite of Jim's characters?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
It's a toss up between Dr. the Theeth and the Swish Chef. Though I never understood why a Theeth would be named "Dr." The Swish Chef is a combination of my love for basketball and Isaac Hayes. :laugh:

Yeah, I went with Kermit. I've especially taken a liking to the sarcastic side he brings out on talk shows and personal appearances.

Last edited:

JT Yorke

Reaction score
I voted for rowlf. I love his bits at the muppet show. Swedish chef is a close second. Its actually really hard. Still i have to vote for rowlf already because of the song Cottleston Pie:smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This is kind of hard. I guess i'll have to go with Rowlf.
I was going to say Kermit but I much prefer him in his earlier years when he was a bit more sarcastic and on edge all the time. Nowadays he seems like a more watered down version of his former self. Thus making him a more boring character.
Rowlf on the other hand has stayed pretty consistent since about the 70s.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm really not surprised that more folks are picking Rowlf. When The Muppet Show started he had already become a well established character from all his work on the Jimmy Dean show.

I picked the Newsman because of all of Jim's characters the Newsman is the most silly. I also think that it was a jab at Chevy Chase and weekend update to some extent.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Or Penguin #35. How could you forget Penguin #35??? :zany: