Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Newsman

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Great why is he your favorite?
I just love the enthusiasm Jim brought to him. He seemed like a more hyped up Rowlf in a way. (Both played keyboards, had raspy voices, etc). Also it's something to do with his style of dress. So much going on with his outfit. I think part of that energy Jim put into Dr. Teeth would later influence Convincing John. (Also considering Dr. Teeth is supposedly inspired by real life singer, Dr. John, maybe some name play with that, or maybe i'm reading too deep into it.)

Also, gotta love the gold Tooth.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Just like anything it varies by the day. Today I'll go with :sympathy:; it's a sin not voting for :smile: though.

I think an interesting battle is :smile: vs. :stick_out_tongue:. I think I gotta go :stick_out_tongue:.

One of :sympathy:'s finer moments:

One of the things that totally sticks with people is the music, though :smile: has definitely had his moments too!

The SD VHS-rip is the icing on the nostalgia cake. :smile: Jim just wanted to get in TV, and he just happened to be an amazing puppeteer and just happened to be an amazing singer...

:sympathy: is just so caring and so nonjudgemental; he's that shoulder to lean on.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I got to agree with you about Rowlf. He dose hold a special place in my heart.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sorry for double posting,but I find something odd. No one has voted for Link or chef!!! Now I can kind of understand Link to some extent. I mean at times he is not my favorite but he can still drive Piggy nuts which is something I always enjoy. Chef on the other hand, I don't understand why he has not gotten more votes. I personally think out of all of Jim's characters he is the most fun, and most funny. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Sorry for double posting,but I find something odd. No one has voted for Link or chef!!! Now I can kind of understand Link to some extent. I mean at times he is not my favorite but he can still drive Piggy nuts which is something I always enjoy. Chef on the other hand, I don't understand why he has not gotten more votes. I personally think out of all of Jim's characters he is the most fun, and most funny. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Novelty characters, one-joke characters can't win this contest. It's honestly kind of :smile: vs. :sympathy:.

Meanwhile Rowlf takes the commanding lead. I would like to see this done with other puppeteers, including SS/other characters.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I for one am for :news:. :news: is so hilarious!!! I think I've memorized some, if not ALL the Muppet Newsflashes.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Novelty characters, one-joke characters can't win this contest. It's honestly kind of :smile: vs. :sympathy:.

Meanwhile Rowlf takes the commanding lead. I would like to see this done with other puppeteers, including SS/other characters.
Yes I plan on doing this in the Sesame thread and other puppeteers in due time.

Rowlf is awesome! I have heard so many times that Rowlf is more like Jim then even Kermit. Could you imagine what the Muppet Show would be like if Rowlf where the MC?
I wish that Rowlf would kind of go back to his roots and do gust spots on one of the Late night talk shows like Jimmy Fallon.

Last edited: