Ghostbusters 3 finally on the way? You decide!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
For instance, some of these Star Wars fans said The Force Awakens was ruined for them just because the female character was the hero.
Yeah they need to read more fanfiction if they think Rey was this unbearable Mary Sue.

About how long were the cameos and how important were they to the plot?
WARNING: SLIGHT SPOILER

Most of the cameos are short. They're not crucial to the plot, but they have a lot of charm. The audience applauded for all of them. There's even a Harold Ramis cameo of sorts. :wink: Bill Murray got two scenes, also over quickly. I'll be honest (just so it doesn't feel like I'm Sony shilling, hehe), I thought his cameo could have been shorter and hence more amusing. But it's still cool to see him.

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I still can't imagine the movie being great considering how awful the trailer was, but I'll take your word for it and give it a watch, I'm skeptical I'll like it, but I may be wrong.
I've defended this movie a lot, but even I was worried based on the trailers. I was really surprised to see how well everything worked once seen all together.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As much as people have been hating on this movie - the trailer being the most disliked video in the history of YouTube, and people ripping it a new one before it even hit theaters - I'm surprised at how much hype it's gotten, what with both Papa John's and Progressive endorsing the movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still can't imagine the movie being great considering how awful the trailer was, but I'll take your word for it and give it a watch, I'm skeptical I'll like it, but I may be wrong.
I never liked how trailers are put together. Disney does a good job from time to time, but I've seen movies that looked better in trailer form than they were, and I've seen trailers that made the movie look horrible, only to love the movie (or at least like it a crapload more than I should have) upon seeing it. And I've seen ones that could go either way that did indeed go either way. But usually one sharp way or another.

I still remember the Smurfs live action movie trailer having 90% of the worst parts of the movie (the useless Guitar Hero scene wasn't present, but all the lowest common denominatory stuff was). I even remember a time when Disney added burps and farts to their 1960s'/70's movies that would have been given a hard R if they actually were in that movie. To my knowledge the horse did not fart in the animated 101 Dalmatians.

Remember...Never trust a trailer.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If the movie doesn't make much on the national scale, we can't count on China to bump those numbers up like certain films, as their Ministry of Culture refuses to distribute the movie. Because ghosts are seen as censorable material that's somehow counterproductive to their "Communist" country, and that they never had the first 2 GB movies and the audience is supposedly not there.
There's a lot of things we can't count on China for, to say the least. Good riddance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey. There's a reason why Garfield a Tale of Two Kitties was a hit in Chinese regions. Probably banned everything but that piece of crap.

Though, without them, Pacific Rim would've crashed and burned for not being a movie about Adam Sandler acting like a creepy manchild unnaturally married to someone incredibly out of his league that would never put up with that in real life.

So, broken clock being right twice a day maybe?

Pffft. I hope they continue to enjoy Warcraft the movie.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The internet has broken Andre...

In all seriousness, i'm glad he gave a very honest, unbiased opinion of the movie considering he's a pretty big fan of the franchise. I hate that this movie has been sooo controversial, no, controversial doesn't even begin to cover it, it's become as heated and divisive as a political debate, heck in some corners of the internet it has become a political debate. For poop's sake, internet, it's just a ******* movie! If you don't want to see, then don't flipping see it. If your going to watch it, whatever, but please be less bias about your opinion of the film. The general consensus is, it's an okay movie, not bad, not great, just okay. It's not insulting to the franchise but doesn't add that many new ideas to an old concept. So overall, it's a fine or meh movie or even a good one depending on who you ask, but for God sake, it's just a movie!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The internet has broken Andre...

In all seriousness, i'm glad he gave a very honest, unbiased opinion of the movie considering he's a pretty big fan of the franchise. I hate that this movie has been sooo controversial, no, controversial doesn't even begin to cover it, it's become as heated and divisive as a political debate, heck in some corners of the internet it has become a political debate. For poop's sake, internet, it's just a ******* movie! If you don't want to see, then don't flipping see it. If your going to watch it, whatever, but please be less bias about your opinion of the film. The general consensus is, it's an okay movie, not bad, not great, just okay. It's not insulting to the franchise but doesn't add that many new ideas to an old concept. So overall, it's a fine or meh movie or even a good one depending on who you ask, but for God sake, it's just a movie!
Thanks for sharing! That guy's funny and yeah, it was just an honest, normal review. Bottom line, a movie, even if it's a beloved movie like Ghostbusters (1984), shouldn't become more important than people. And that's where a lot of fans went wrong in this instance.

Last edited: