Your favorite theatrical Muppet movie

What is your favorite theatrical Muppet movie?

• The Muppets Christmas Carol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muppet Treasure Island

• Muppets from Space

• The Muppets (2011)

• Total voters

JT Yorke

Reaction score
Dwayne starting his discussions encouraged me to do my own. Cause i'm kinda curious which movie is your favourite but mostly why. I'm looking forward to an informative discussion.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The Great Muppet Caper is for sure my favorite muppet movie. I really love the caper/crime genre, and I love how they satire it. Everything in the movie is great,especially the songs from Hey a Movie to Stepping Out with a Star. I love how they focus on Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie. Just about every joke lands, Lew Zealand and his paper towels, what color are there hands now, he was dubbed, everything just lands and hits the mark. Miss Piggy was also hilarious especially in her escape from prison, and getting to the Mallory Gallery. The celebrity cameos didn't take over the movie, and were kept to small but hilarious doses. The climax is great, parodying the heist, break-in climax. Just an overall great movie, it totally beats The Muppet Movie, and I doubt we'll ever see anything that can top it. As for my order from best to worst, here it is.

1. The Great Muppet Caper

2. The Muppet Movie - Great road trip film, I loved how every character got to do something funny, Doc Hopper is a great villian, and it just flows well.

3. Muppets Most Wanted - This one had some flaws, but I still really liked the crime/caper thing they did, but obviously not as good as GMC, but still a great movie.

4. The Muppets (2011) - It was a nostalgic road trip, there were many nods to classic films, maybe lose Siegel, Adams and Walter, and have more muppet moments, but what we got was great.

5. Muppet Treasure Island - The thing that made this movie was Tim Curry, he was the best, we got some funny stuff from Sam the Eagle, some solid songs, but there was some ugh moments with Fozzie and Miss Piggy being horribly characterized, but overall, the good things outweight the cons, and it is a very enjoyable film.

6. The Muppets Take Manhattan - This one has a handful of flaws. I liked the first 15 minutes, but then the muppets left, and it got kind of tedious, just Kermit and Jenny. But then Kermit got amensia, and Jill, Gill, and Bill came and it got better, maybe a little cheesy, considering it was directed by Frank Oz, but a good movie, not the best though, but some good songs and funny moments makes it worthwile

7. Muppets From Space - Ya, this one wasn't pretty, it had so much potential, it could have been a satire like GMC, making fun of space movie, here's a thought maybe actually going into space, instead we got Gonzo not wanting to get his brain taken out, Fozzie being stupid and picking his nose, Miss Piggy has to go pee, and Kermit looking for his pants, very entertaining. But what keeps this from the bottom is the muppet feel is still there, a bit. We have Bobo, who has some good lines, some of the music like Brick House is okay, and the Muppet Tonight characters like Johnny Fiama and Sal are in it, and that's great, but in the end it was just a lame movie that had so much potential, and could have been something hilarious. If it weren't for the fact that this has the muppets in it, then I would discard it, but it's an okay watch it, but I seldom do.

8. The Muppet Christmas Carol - I'm always shocked why people like this one so much. First of all, it's barely a muppet movie, it's a christmas carol movie that happens to have the muppets. Also, none of the main muppets really do anything funny and are reglected as side characters to the extent where Fozzie has just a large cameo. Overall, it's just not that funny, and doesn't have the muppet feel that the others do, I might pop it in sometimes on Christmas, but it's really nothing special, as a Christmas Carol movie it's okay, as a muppet movie, it's middling.

JT Yorke

Reaction score
I agree with most of your list. The Great Muppet Caper is also my favourite and for the same reasons as you listen above. When they are making fun of the openingcredits you know its going to be a great movie. And i love the song the first time it happens.

And i really like that most of the puppeteers make cameos in this movie.

JT Yorke

Reaction score
So far i'm very schocked TGMC has much more votes then The Muppet Movie :smile:

scooterfan360

Reaction score
The Great Muppet Caper is for sure my favorite muppet movie. I really love the caper/crime genre, and I love how they satire it. Everything in the movie is great,especially the songs from Hey a Movie to Stepping Out with a Star. I love how they focus on Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie. Just about every joke lands, Lew Zealand and his paper towels, what color are there hands now, he was dubbed, everything just lands and hits the mark. Miss Piggy was also hilarious especially in her escape from prison, and getting to the Mallory Gallery. The celebrity cameos didn't take over the movie, and were kept to small but hilarious doses. The climax is great, parodying the heist, break-in climax. Just an overall great movie, it totally beats The Muppet Movie, and I doubt we'll ever see anything that can top it. As for my order from best to worst, here it is.

1. The Great Muppet Caper

2. The Muppet Movie - Great road trip film, I loved how every character got to do something funny, Doc Hopper is a great villian, and it just flows well.

3. Muppets Most Wanted - This one had some flaws, but I still really liked the crime/caper thing they did, but obviously not as good as GMC, but still a great movie.

4. The Muppets (2011) - It was a nostalgic road trip, there were many nods to classic films, maybe lose Siegel, Adams and Walter, and have more muppet moments, but what we got was great.

5. Muppet Treasure Island - The thing that made this movie was Tim Curry, he was the best, we got some funny stuff from Sam the Eagle, some solid songs, but there was some ugh moments with Fozzie and Miss Piggy being horribly characterized, but overall, the good things outweight the cons, and it is a very enjoyable film.

6. The Muppets Take Manhattan - This one has a handful of flaws. I liked the first 15 minutes, but then the muppets left, and it got kind of tedious, just Kermit and Jenny. But then Kermit got amensia, and Jill, Gill, and Bill came and it got better, maybe a little cheesy, considering it was directed by Frank Oz, but a good movie, not the best though, but some good songs and funny moments makes it worthwile

7. Muppets From Space - Ya, this one wasn't pretty, it had so much potential, it could have been a satire like GMC, making fun of space movie, here's a thought maybe actually going into space, instead we got Gonzo not wanting to get his brain taken out, Fozzie being stupid and picking his nose, Miss Piggy has to go pee, and Kermit looking for his pants, very entertaining. But what keeps this from the bottom is the muppet feel is still there, a bit. We have Bobo, who has some good lines, some of the music like Brick House is okay, and the Muppet Tonight characters like Johnny Fiama and Sal are in it, and that's great, but in the end it was just a lame movie that had so much potential, and could have been something hilarious. If it weren't for the fact that this has the muppets in it, then I would discard it, but it's an okay watch it, but I seldom do.

8. The Muppet Christmas Carol - I'm always shocked why people like this one so much. First of all, it's barely a muppet movie, it's a christmas carol movie that happens to have the muppets. Also, none of the main muppets really do anything funny and are reglected as side characters to the extent where Fozzie has just a large cameo. Overall, it's just not that funny, and doesn't have the muppet feel that the others do, I might pop it in sometimes on Christmas, but it's really nothing special, as a Christmas Carol movie it's okay, as a muppet movie, it's middling.
speaking of the Muppets 2011, it is me ? or did Amy Adams looked like she was scared of the Muppets, in every Muppets promotional shoot, that she was in.