Was Jerry Nelson a PBS P-Pal?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Yeah I pretty sure that it's Jerry doing the voice also he was in Sheep & Larryboy.

gravy

Reaction score
It could possibly be him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There was another P Pal bumper with Paganini, a concert violinist, who always sang, "For your information purely you will like this program surely," and it too sounded an awful lot like Jerry. I can't seem to find a clip of it on YouTube, but I have it on a few old tapes.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Pete does sound very similar to Jerry, but I'm not quite positive that it's him. I feel like if Jerry did voice Pete in all those PBS bumpers, it would've been mentioned in several news sources around when he died, but I can't seem to find anywhere online who voiced Pete.

cjd874

Reaction score
Sure sounds like Jerry to me...because it sounds like one of his recurring SS characters from the 1990s, H. Ross Parrot.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It sounds like Phil Harmonic from Pretty Great Performances on Sesame Street.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Pete does sound very similar to Jerry, but I'm not quite positive that it's him. I feel like if Jerry did voice Pete in all those PBS bumpers, it would've been mentioned in several news sources around when he died, but I can't seem to find anywhere online who voiced Pete.
I'd say those bumpers are a bit obscure (I kind of feel like I saw them on TV, but forgot about them until seeing these clips), so it's forgivable that they wouldn't have talked about those in his obituaries. The obituaries didn't talk about every little obscure character he did, I don't think all of his recurring obscure characters were brought up, and did the obituaries mention on-camera roles such as the butler from MTI, father in park in GMC, an upright in Song of the Cloud Forest, or Fred from Lighthouse Island?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I agree about the P-Pals being obscure . . . come to think of it, they were kind like a part of PBS's Dork Age.