The Bob's Burgers Discussion Thread

Who's your favorite character on Bob's Burgers?

• Linda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mort

• Jimmy Pesto

• Jimmy Jr.

• Zeke

• Mr. Frond

• Gayle

• other (sorry, can't list all the characters here)

• Total voters

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I love that they have episode posters on their script. And maybe as a Jim Henson nerd i'm biased but, this is my favorite one:

Meanwhile, on an un-related note, they've had four Christmas episodes, four Thanksgiving and Halloween episodes and I think four Valentines Day ones. But, the kids still haven't aged. By now Tina should be 17, Gene should be 15 and Louise should be like 12.

mr3urious

Reaction score
On a related note, there will be a hybrid sitcom called Son of Zorn coming to Fox in September, from the writers of the U.S. remake of Wilfred. It will be about a gigantic He-Man parody returning to Earth and trying to re-connect with his estranged family. I really like the offbeat premise, and I love how closely the animation apes that of He-Man, so I'm hoping audiences don't get too turned off by how weird and different this is.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/11/son-zorn-jason-sudeikis-miller-lord-first-look

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
On a related note, there will be a hybrid sitcom called Son of Zorn coming to Fox in September, from the writers of the U.S. remake of Wilfred. It will be about a gigantic He-Man parody returning to Earth and trying to re-connect with his estranged family. I really like the offbeat premise, and I love how closely the animation apes that of He-Man, so I'm hoping audiences don't get too turned off by how weird and different this is.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/11/son-zorn-jason-sudeikis-miller-lord-first-look
“And when I see this show on the air, I’m going to think, ‘Why didn’t anyone stop us? This is crazy!’”
Of course, that quote seems like it could mean a number of things.
Anyway, this show looks like it could go either way. The idea seems a bit done to me, weird guy from another world tries to adjust to suburban life. It just seems like it might be one of those plots that end up not being as spectacularly odd as it's advertised and eventually just turns into a generic comedy about a family, kind of like ALF. That's the only example I can think of off the top of my head but, do you know what I mean? But hopefully i'm pleasantly surprised.

Muppet Master

Reaction score

I'm going to check it out, it looks pretty good, and it's made by the creators of The Last Man on Earth, so that's another plus. Meanwhile I'm more exicted by Making History, the comedy that will air in Son of Zorn's timeslot. Also, a promo was released with the four animated fathers.

Also, Bob's Burgers got an Emmy nomination.

Great job.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Rewatched the first episode of Bob's Burgers, and Linda has a little exchange with Bob, thinking he was secretly planning something for their anniversary.

And of course, I watch Amazing World of Gumball, so naturally...

I couldn't help but blend the two together

Oh my God indeed.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Today I finally got to watch the most recent episode, the one where Bob gets glued to the toilet. It was actually a surprisingly sweet episode. But, I wonder if the episode was written as a possible series finale. It featured basically every recurring character from the show and the whole episode felt a lot more like an event than the previous season finales. Plus we got a bit of a call back to the fact that Louise seems to have a special admiration for Bob. Not to mention the fact that this was the end of the sixth season, which is usually the last season of a lot of shows.